Location of Vapor Hose into Kohler 7000 Series Engine Husqvarna RZ5426 Zero Turn

djlucas69

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Location of Vapor Hose into Kohler 7000 Series Engine Husqvarna RZ5426 Zero Turn
Hello, I've gotten no help from Husqvarna customer service so I am posting this in the Kohler & Husqvana Forums here.

The gas tank vapor hose came loose and was dangling/rubbing for a while on a hot piece of the metal frame, at the end it was melted and there appeared to be a plastic clip or connector, but it was badly melted.

I cannot find anywhere a diagram of where it connects to the engine, if at all. And I dont see a clear place that it would connect to, there is space behind the fuel pump where the hose can go in, but removing the cover I still cant see a place that it would connect. The presence of the plastic at the end leads me to believe it was connected somewhere. Calls to Husqvarna and Kohler customer service where of no help, they each said to call the other for help.

If anyone has a similar mower/engine can you tell me where the vapor hose connects, if at all? Thank you,

Kohler 7000 Series KT745-3013
Husqvarna RZ5426/967003606

- dj

husqvarna.jpg

RDA.Lawns

Threads
  • / Location of Vapor Hose into Kohler 7000 Series Engine Husqvarna RZ5426 Zero Turn
I don't have anything like that but if its a gas tank vent it won't go to the motor. It would have had a vent valve on it attached to the frame. You can go to your auto parts store and buy a small vent valve and find a safe place away from the motor or exhaust and simply zip tie it to the frame. Only reason I'd buy a vent is so it can vent and keep trash out of the fuel system.

gainestruk

Threads

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 25

djlucas69

Forum Newbie
Threads
FOUND IT - it had snapped off clean so it was flush underneath, and a very tiny pin hole is present so there must have been a nipple it attached to, that was the plastic piece on the end. Thanks!

gainestruk

Threads
FOUND IT - it had snapped off clean so it was flush underneath, and a very tiny pin hole is present so there must have been a nipple it attached to, that was the plastic piece on the end. Thanks!

Good deal glad you figured it out :thumbsup: