Honda ht-r3009 switch engages starter, start reacts but doesn't turn motor

crazyone351

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda ht-r3009 switch engages starter, start reacts but doesn't turn motor
Honda ht-r3009 switch engages starter, starter reacts but doesn't turn motor. Battery is new and fully charged. Starter is new. A new switch also because a screw diver was used toooo long in the old one. I can pull the motor over with a cord normally. Has spark.

crazyone351

Forum Newbie
Threads
Saw this in a post about a Dixon, could the same thing be happening on a Honda??

Run a pair of jumpers from the battery directly to the starter.
+ on the bolt the solenoid wire attaches to and the - to a good close earth , I like to use the oil drain plug.
Don't go
Then remove the spark plug (S).
Still don't go
Try turning the engine by hand.
Turns only a part revolution in either direction - pull the fly wheel something is lodged between the magnets & the engine.
Turns over OK then adjust the valve lash as previously mentioned.

If it ran fine with the 2 jumpers, try it again with just the earth jumped.
The wires take a pile of abuse, damp acid grass cuttings , oil , fuel & plain moisture
And that is before we think about vibrations loosening connectins & breaking strands of wire.

pmthelord

Threads
hi there !
soryy to interrupt you but i'm looking for the diameter exterior (or perimeter) of the mufler (the tube in "S" between cylinder head and the exhaust dilencer) on this lawntractor (honda ht-r 3009). could you check on your and tell me that ? kind regards

problem solved ;) outer diameter 24.4mm ;)

Last edited: