Dealing With Exposed Rock

Magsrgod

Threads
I figured this would be the right spot for this question.

I have a granite slab in my backyard with a small section that sticks up out of the ground. Is there a good tactic to take this section down? It cant be pulled out since it goes under the fence. Id like to grind it down so I can mow through this spot without have to maneuver around it!

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Let me know any good tips that anyone might have at accomplishing this!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
safety glasses & sledge hammer, rent a jack hammer, or contact your local sheriffs office for inmates to do the work.

dana a

Threads
safety glasses & sledge hammer, rent a jack hammer, or contact your local sheriffs office for inmates to do the work.

LOL!!!!! or contact your local sheriffs office for inmates to do the work. Good answer.

BoylermanCT

Threads
You could try an air powered hammer with a chisel blade. Also try a 5' heavy pinch pry bar. You can break off small sections by pounding on the rock with that.

Magsrgod

Threads
Thanks guys, Ill see what I can do about the convicts!

Ill just crank away with a sledge, if that fails I might know a few people that have those big Hitachi hammer drills I could go at it with, if not I could probably rent one for short money.

dana a

Threads
I've got a big Hilti hammer drill and it goes thru concrete like butter.

possum

Threads
Leave it there and make it a part of the yard. Cut it low around it so it shows nice. Leave it tall and ragged around it. Plant some fall flowers there and leave them there to become a part of it. Plant a bush there. Make it bigger or just taller with more rock. Put a hydrant there. Without water if you wish. Put a pump there. Here in town and all over the Tallgrass Prarie rock comes out of the ground everywhere but where you want it. Tree roots are the same way. Sometimes they get big around the tree and sometimes well away from the tree. It is a bit of a puzzle sometimes as to how to use it or lose it in a yard.

Magsrgod

Threads
Leave it there and make it a part of the yard. Cut it low around it so it shows nice. Leave it tall and ragged around it. Plant some fall flowers there and leave them there to become a part of it. Plant a bush there. Make it bigger or just taller with more rock. Put a hydrant there. Without water if you wish. Put a pump there. Here in town and all over the Tallgrass Prarie rock comes out of the ground everywhere but where you want it. Tree roots are the same way. Sometimes they get big around the tree and sometimes well away from the tree. It is a bit of a puzzle sometimes as to how to use it or lose it in a yard.

Sadly its right in between a tree and my fence so its just not a nice area to do something with.