Mower/engine idenfitication

GC07

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a little about a mower I recently purchased. It's an HRM215-EG according to the plate on the deck. Other identifiers I've found are :" MZBB-6140577" "SDA *"

The engine's serial is GJAB-6614378.

When I search for parts I don't usually see anything with the "EG" or any of the MZB within the 6140577 range. I need to get some parts for it, blades, air filters, misc screws and I just want to make sure I get the correct ones the first time!

Bought the mower for $10 not running, tried cleaning carb but no go, replaced carb and off it went! I look to have less than $100 invested in it by the time it's fully running/maintained so I'm very happy with that!

Any advice as to which model to select when I search for parts? Also if you have any information about the mower it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a little about a mower I recently purchased. It's an HRM215-EG according to the plate on the deck. Other identifiers I've found are :" MZBB-6140577" "SDA *"

The engine's serial is GJAB-6614378.

When I search for parts I don't usually see anything with the "EG" or any of the MZB within the 6140577 range. I need to get some parts for it, blades, air filters, misc screws and I just want to make sure I get the correct ones the first time!

Bought the mower for $10 not running, tried cleaning carb but no go, replaced carb and off it went! I look to have less than $100 invested in it by the time it's fully running/maintained so I'm very happy with that!

Any advice as to which model to select when I search for parts? Also if you have any information about the mower it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

The actual mower serial number is MZBB-6410577. This is the number you need to look-up parts. The GJAB-6614378 is the engine serial number, usually you don't need it, as the mower's number will get you all the parts including any engine parts.

This HRM215 was the first version of this model, and was built at Honda's plant in Swepsonville, NC, probably in late 1994. (The engine was made in Japan). It was wholesaled by Honda to Brodner Equipment of Rochester, NY, on 3/30/1995, and was sold to Dave R. of Pittsford, NY on 4/11/1997. There are no open recalls, updates or active campaigns for this model.

You can find a full factory parts listing on Honda's official site here:
Parts Listing HRM215-SXA
Tip: This site gives part numbers only; once you have the number(s), Google them to find a dealer selling them online, or contact your local Honda dealer to purchase (link a few lines down).

Owner's Manual here:
HRM215SXA Owner's Manual

Shop Manual (paper only; $34.95, free shipping direct from Honda):
eBay: Shop Manual
Amazon: Shop Manual

A few accessories are still available; storage cover, leaf shredder insert, and a spark arrester (if you ever need to mow in a National Forrest, you'll need one :) You local Honda dealer can get these for you:
Find A Honda Dealer

Finally, if you would send me a private message with your name and address, and I will update the registration database to show you as the new owner. Honda asks for this in the unlikely event there is ever a product safety recall and needs to contact you. I might use your address to send you some Honda stickers :)

GC07

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you! The SDA sticker and the -EG threw me off.