Raptor SD Oil Change

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
John Deere didn't tell them to put a plastic camshaft gear in there! Guessing one of your computer Engineers was to blame! You are correct Engineers are not hired to make things more expensive!

Well not directly.
But JD's design team would have told kawakasi they wanted 40,000 engines but were not willing to pay more than $ xxxx and they needed to have a 10 year minimum life span and a 2 year engine warrantee period.
While the price argi bargi happens the engineering department gets called in to submit potential cost saving to the board / GM.
The end result is parts that no longer run forever.

When I first went into business I made the fatal mistake of offering a substantially better service at 2/3 the price of the previous supplier .
All went great for the 2 year period of the contract then when it came time to renegiotae a new one they demanded further reductions in price and a lift in service quality.
By this time we no longer desperately need them so we dropped them and they picked up a new supplier that cost $ 50,000 more than us.
The reason ????
head office demanded a cheaper supply line every year, They wanted to keep us but the senior management needed to show cost savings to the board.
Five years latter we went back in with a contract that allowed 5% price drops .
End result was they paid us a lot lot more than they would have had the original contract been renewed on the original terms.
Another customer did design work for Rothmans & for MacDonnalds both of which provided transport to & from his studio .
Finally he convinced them to allow him to use us but we had to provide him an initial proposal that was substantially higher than our regular prices so he could be seen to have negioated them a "better deal"

Pastor Bert.

HSDPilot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I changed the oil and filter initially at 9 hours...a bit after the 5 hour recommendation. The oil was a weird "green/olive" color. All I assumed was that it was some special startup oil from the dealer. I'm glad I changed the filter and got rid of that stuff. I also just slide a shop rag under the oil filter to catch the drainage before I can completely unscrew and remove the filter. It cleans up easily with the rag initially there. Anyone else notice the odd color of their initial oil change? :confused:

Datadave

Threads
I changed the oil and filter initially at 9 hours...a bit after the 5 hour recommendation. The oil was a weird "green/olive" color. All I assumed was that it was some special startup oil from the dealer. I'm glad I changed the filter and got rid of that stuff. I also just slide a shop rag under the oil filter to catch the drainage before I can completely unscrew and remove the filter. It cleans up easily with the rag initially there. Anyone else notice the odd color of their initial oil change? :confused:

The weird green stuff you see is "Break in oil"
You definitely want to change the filter the first time you change the oil.
It will be full of Manufacturing metal dust and shavings, not to mention
initial wear of the engine.