HOW TO OUTRUN ANY OTHER MOWER & THE COPS TOO ! (LOL)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I hope all who see this get a kick out of it like I did....... AMERICAN INGENUITY at it's best ..... That's what makes us the GREATEST nation on the planet !! ( yes Catherine, I know it's posted in the wrong place BUT , it should be posted SITE-WIDE ( LOL ) ..........:smile: ..:rolleyes: ..:cool: ..:cool2: ...........Boobala

http://progreengrass.com/chevy-350-small-block-murray-lawn-mower/

zmister11

Threads

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Lol would love to see if it would cut grass ...

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lol would love to see if it would cut grass ...

I seriously doubt that it would move under its own power.
There was not much detail on the video but to couple to the tranny it would need a bevel drive or a twisted belt .
And considering the steering drag links twist & bend with a 20 Hp Kohler on top of them the weight of the Chevy would give them a tough time.
Some one has had some fun but one would look at it more from the view of a mobile engine stand than a functional object.

I knew a bloke with lots of time on his hands so he put an RR Griffin engine into a motorcycle or rather bolted the bike onto the engine.
It did move but anything over a medium idle tossed it on its side from the torque reaction.
At the first test run the forks collapsed from the weight as did the steering bearings.
Looked cool sounded great but nothing more than a mobile engine stand.
He ended up cutting the front and back 2 cylinders off the engine, fabricated up a crankcase and built a frame around the V twin.
It fliped if you even looked at the throttle so he put some stabilizers on the back and took it to the strip but they would not allow it to run as there was no class of bike it fitted into.
It was fun to pop around and look at and see how he got around engineering problems as they came up.
He made a V 4 from what was left of the engine and fitted that into a beetle which did work sort of but careless use of the throttle turned the Porche box he coupled it to into scrap metal

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I seriously doubt that it would move under its own power.
There was not much detail on the video but to couple to the tranny it would need a bevel drive or a twisted belt .
And considering the steering drag links twist & bend with a 20 Hp Kohler on top of them the weight of the Chevy would give them a tough time.
Some one has had some fun but one would look at it more from the view of a mobile engine stand than a functional object.

I knew a bloke with lots of time on his hands so he put an RR Griffin engine into a motorcycle or rather bolted the bike onto the engine.
It did move but anything over a medium idle tossed it on its side from the torque reaction.
At the first test run the forks collapsed from the weight as did the steering bearings.
Looked cool sounded great but nothing more than a mobile engine stand.
He ended up cutting the front and back 2 cylinders off the engine, fabricated up a crankcase and built a frame around the V twin.
It fliped if you even looked at the throttle so he put some stabilizers on the back and took it to the strip but they would not allow it to run as there was no class of bike it fitted into.
It was fun to pop around and look at and see how he got around engineering problems as they came up.
He made a V 4 from what was left of the engine and fitted that into a beetle which did work sort of but careless use of the throttle turned the Porche box he coupled it to into scrap metal

Yeah Trev, I knew as soon as I looked at that ....it was nothing more than than a GLORIFIED engine dolly, rear tires, front axle , etc give it away , BUT he must get a hell of a lot of attention with it. I think it's a cool little project, he did put some work in it ..... wonder if he uses the engine in a real rod ?? .......:laughing: