OIL CHANGE Question Ferris 1500 w B&S engine

RaulMcCai

Threads
So I know what type and how much oil. I found the little rubber hose in it's little trap and got it loose but there is one issue.
The manual says to do it warm. BUT the bleeding stinkin muffler is blistering hot and I can't reach in from behind to pull the hose down to the rear and down to spill into a tray and bending it forward and down will only spill oil all over the chassis.

So I'm thinking i let of cool a bit and then just muscle the hose down to the rear and see about draining it out.

What do you do?

RaulMcCai

Threads
Check this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNdJKuKUz8 It's not a 1500 but it may be set up like yours for draining oil.

Dana

OH MAN~!!!!! Makes me with I'd bought that one~!!! I mean the access on that one is really good. Mine is a beast for access they packed the biggest motor they possibly could in my mower leaving barely room for a gerbil's hands to get around it. I had to remove a panel and came annoying close to taking apart some frame members. That was way more work than I expected it to be. Plus the chick at the mower parts place gave me the wrong filter. So I had to go back. Well it's done. I used a bit of small rope that oil tube to wrangle it back and forth there was no room for me in there.

dana a

Threads
I'm glad you finally got it done and hopefully didn't get your arm blistered.