2007 RZT 50" Kawasaki Engine Won't Start Fuse Issue

LT1045wrh

Threads
Hi,
My 2007 RZT has been, and still is, a great machine. I've run it hard and mow about 8 acres of Central FL grass, basically all year long. Just want to share my electrical issue with you all. Maybe it will help some of you folks...

One day I went to the barn to start my mower and got nothing when I turned the key. Battery was charged and terminals were clean, checked 20A fuse, it was good. Immediately I thought of "safety switch". I figured I'd go ahead and replace all safety switches, not very expensive and hadn't had one go bad on me, so why not replace them all? Well, after doing that, I turned the key, nothing. Hmmmmmmm. Solenoid? Ignition switch? Replaced everything, turned the key on the new ignition switch, nothing.

Yes, I know, I should have done this first........... upon further inspection found out the 20A fuse holder was bad. It had rusted and corroded so that the terminal ends of the fuse weren't making contact with the innards of the fuse holder.

My mower got pretty much a complete new electrical system including a new 20A fuse holder and fuse with a tube-like holder. I also made sure the fuse holder is kept out of the weather and won't get moisture in it to allow it to corrode again.

Have a great day!
Keep on mowin' :cool:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / 2007 RZT 50" Kawasaki Engine Won't Start Fuse Issue
good post, dielectric grease works well on electrical connections also.