Super 104 wings

klocken

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have a super 104. The mowing capacity is great. One issue I have is that we mow a lot of road ditches. If either side/wing deck starts to ride up the opposite side ditch bank, the deck will disengage. I assume this is to prevent the belt from coming off. I'm wondering if anyone has tried adjusting the safety switch/sensor to allow a little more upward travel of the side deck. It's just annoying. 15 degrees up is not much.

kraky

Threads
It's my guess that 99.9% of the people here have had zero experience with the 104.
It's also my guess 99.9% of the people here would love to take a spin on that machine!

zmister11

Threads
It's my guess that 99.9% of the people here have had zero experience with the 104.
It's also my guess 99.9% of the people here would love to take a spin on that machine!

I agree, I would love too lol

173abn

Threads
how bout a pic. of one cause I'm part of that 99.9%...russ

1slow5point0h

Threads
We have a super 104. The mowing capacity is great. One issue I have is that we mow a lot of road ditches. If either side/wing deck starts to ride up the opposite side ditch bank, the deck will disengage. I assume this is to prevent the belt from coming off. I'm wondering if anyone has tried adjusting the safety switch/sensor to allow a little more upward travel of the side deck. It's just annoying. 15 degrees up is not much.

I wouldn't think 15* would be enough to throw the belt, but it could be, especially if one of the blades hits something or bogs down a bit. All of my safety switches are bypassed, but I'm a rebel :cool:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unless you have something holding the belt down at the bend point 15 degrees it a large amount on a belt that is designed the run streight.

klocken

Forum Newbie
Threads
20160912_061038b.jpg
I'm attempting to upload a requested pic of our new mower. It's obviously fast. Very comfortable. Nice cut even on uneven ground. Cuts very well in big grass (I'm talking knee-high stuff in that the sprayer missed in the corner of fields).

It does appear to be a bit of a gas hog, but it gets a lot done fast and does not lack for power. The good power and poor economy combo is likely due to choosing the carb version of the Kawasaki motor over an efi Vanguard. The only other con seems to be the weight. I thinks something like 2,300 pounds. So we have a pond dam that we can't mow with it as it just slides down the slope. That's why we'll keep the Deere 455 in the background of the pic. It's differential lock is a necessity in some places.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very nice. I could use that if it was free.