Hustler Raptor 933077 Hour Meter, Does it still show hours with key off?

JohnDS

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Raptor 933077 Hour Meter, Does it still show hours with key off?
Hello guys,

I have a Hustler Raptor, model 933077. I had installed the hour meter accessory last year. Last week my son was playing around on it while it was sitting in the garage. When I went to use the mower today, the batter was totally dead. I cannot recall if the key was left in the "on" position or not because I kept trying to start it. I also cannot recall if the hours stay on the display normally while the key is in the "off" position.

I am thinking the key was left in the "on" position by my son and the hours normally show when the key is off. Can anyone confirm if the hours show while key is off with this model?

If the hours are not supposed to show with key off, does anyone know how to fix? I never had a problem with batter the whole year until today. I noticed that the metal piece where the key goes into looks as though it is missing and wondering if this has something to do with it? Either way can someone confirm what part# is missing if so? Thank you.20160909_160915.jpg20160909_160920.jpg

Datadave

Threads
I have a Raptor SD and the hour meter always displays the hours, even when the key is switched off.
I am sure that the LCD display uses no more power than your average LCD wrist watch -
It would take years to kill the battery alone, but the key left on would probably drain the battery fast.

I have no idea about any parts list for the key switch.
Mine has a little ring that the plastic key retainer clips onto to keep it
from falling out. I do not think it has anything to do with the on/off part.

1slow5point0h

Threads
My Raptor SD shows the hours all the time. I always notice it as I'm putting the key in the ignition switch. It's not going to drain the battery. Mine battery was fine after sitting all winter. I haven't noticed any difference since I added some LED lights to the front of the mower either.

JohnDS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys for the help. Yea it sounds like my key was left in the "on" position. I tried to start today with no problems, but I'll know for sure when I try to start it next week. Thanks again.