Re-leveling deck?

aftermath

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I bought a brand new YTA 22V46 at the beginning of the season. This is my first riding mower as I just move to a house requiring one. Being my first riding mower, I was dumb and as I got more confident I tried mowing over a man hole that I thought was lower than it was and bent a blade. I replaced both blades but now I can't seem to level out the deck again. I have adjusted the lift-link adjustments on both sides and the front and have them within ~1/4" of each other but no matter what, I get scalping on slight hills or on turns. I just can't seem to get that perfect cut like I used to before the incident. Is this just because it is later in the season or have I done something else to my mower?

Here are a few pictures for reference:
IMG_0138_zpsbsulrgfo.jpg

IMG_0137_zpstohehl2s.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the deck and check the spindle mounts carefully.
They are prone to cracking and a cracked housing will randomly scalp your lawn.

dcgrazier

Threads
If the spindle mounts are not cracked, one of them could be bent. With the deck off of the mower, rotate the spindles by hand and watch the blades for unusual movement. You may need to measure the tips of the blades at 90 degree increments against a reference point to really see if a spindle mount is bent.

rudyr89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hmm, I purchased a similar mower at lowes myself. The Husqvarna YTH22V46 and noticed it was scalping my yard as well but extremely bad. I had the deck on the highest setting and it practically dragged on the grass. I adjusted the blades and lowered the deck wheels so I'm hoping that helps. I'll find out this weekend.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Aftermath never got back to us but if you look at the photos carefully you will see one blade is cutting lower than the the other.
If the blades are set properly in the deck but the deck is not level you get a sawtooth pattern the full width of the deck.
If one blade is bent or the deck is bent you get a stepped rather than sawtooth pattern and it is only 1 blade wide.
Pressed decks damage really easy, particularly when trucked.
Take the deck off and have a close look at the blades.
They should make a flat line from one side of the deck to the other.
The fix is a big hammer on the end of a length of hardwood with the deck supported on hardwood blocks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are a good man Rudy I do wish more would start new heads.
I have already answered your new post.
Put "deck leveling" in the search box top right and a wealth of good information will come up.
If you want to keep it to Hsqvarna then click on the search magnifier icon and in the full search window select the husqvarna forum