Best leaf setup?

Ryanj2015

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got my 42" hustler, while it's cutting very nice with the setup it came with (side chute) I do have quite a bit of tress, with fall coming very quick what would the best setup be besides a bagging system?

kraky

Threads
Last year my raptor SD with Gator blades would pulverize them pretty quick.
Even if you were to get a bagger I would recommend that you would go over them a few times and get the particle size down quite a bit... you may find if you can stay at them often enough that you don't need a bagger... one nice thing about grinding leaves in the fall as they sure do clean up the underside of the deck nice!

Ryanj2015

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last year my raptor SD with Gator blades would pulverize them pretty quick.
Even if you were to get a bagger I would recommend that you would go over them a few times and get the particle size down quite a bit... you may find if you can stay at them often enough that you don't need a bagger... one nice thing about grinding leaves in the fall as they sure do clean up the underside of the deck nice!
Gator blades with the side chute or with a mulching kit?

kraky

Threads
Just the side chute......I keep pushing em towards the street... by the time we get there there isn't much left!

Ryanj2015

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just the side chute......I keep pushing em towards the street... by the time we get there there isn't much left!

Do you have a link for the correct gator blades? I'm seeing G3 and G5

kraky

Threads
I've seen posts that say they have the same amount of lift but the difference is the heft of the blade... I bought g5 for the SD... they were heavier than the originals.
You might find a site that gives the thickness and width of the blade. I'm guessing g3 would be the better match but I'm not sure.