Time for change

Ashtonman

Threads
Sounds like a Presidential ad. After two years with my Rapture SD60 I had to make a change. I mow about 3 acres of grass, half of it with somewhat sloped ground but most with 15% plus slopes and hills leading to my lake. The SD 60 was great on flat surfaces and small slopes but anything close to 15% and your are kinda screwed for traction. (going downhill).it has to be the light weight of the machine. Going up a hill the same hill is almost no problem. I was turfing the crap out of my grass just trying to go down the hill slow. The other problem I was having was a discharge problem. Wow, that deck just sucks. After every mowing I spent 30 minutes or more scraping the stuck on grass from under the deck. It would really stick under the lips of the front deck and just build up from there. I went to the dealer and had them demo me out a Fastrak mower. Much better mower. Well I returned it and went by dealer to upgrades to Fastrak mower. ( that is what I should have bought in the first place) But then I seen this strange looking mower with a steering wheel...so I drove it around the lot and I said, I want to try this one for a week (he didn't seem happy, I think he wanted to close the deal and move on). Well I was completely surprised by the cub cadet pro z 100s. This thing was built like a tank. I tried to make this mower screw up. I went to my biggest incline. Well or 25%. (I know what the book says about anything over 15% incline). I had my seat belt on and bar up. I turned the mower in a complete circle in the middle of the hill and no lose of traction and no turfing at all. Really surprised me. After that I tried to turf my grass. Nope never happened. Anyway I just wanted to pass my experience onto other people. I will be moving to cub cadet forum.
Good luck everyone.

kraky

Threads
I saw a YouTube video of a Cub Cadet with a steering wheel working some side Hills and was pretty shocked at how it hung on to them..... it had me scratching my head as to why it was better than a unit with sticks.

Ashtonman

Threads
Yes, here you go. This thing is built like a lawn mower tank, and I mowed for two hours and don't think I even used a gallon of gas. The seat is as good or better than the X-One. There is absolutely no turfing and I love the cruse control.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:

Ashtonman

Threads
2800 trade in price. I might of got a little more off Craig's list but when you add back the sales tax savings, so it's pretty much a waste of my time to deal with it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
The farmer across from me has a steering wheel Cub commercial 60", He said to the dealer if it will stick on slopes it is sold. He loves that baby, as he mows his many steep slopes.

zmister11

Threads
Dang that mower looks way more heavy duty then I was expecting. Great mower!

kraky

Threads
Just curious.... how do these steering wheel machines link the Turning of the steering wheel with the moving of the valve on the hydro on the back axle?
Is there a mechanical linkage going down the steering column.... or some kind of hydraulic valve up by the steering wheel?

Ashtonman

Threads
Yes. I finally got the chance to get a real good look under the mower. Very simple linkage from the front steering wheels to the rear 3400 hydros. I read online they have the patent on this steering technology. I just can't believe how well it holds the hills. Very well designed and heavy duty spindle covers. Here are a few more pictures.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg