Mower deck mower drive belt

trackman

Forum Newbie
Threads
New man here. I have a 4423 the belt that goes from engine to deck keeps coming off an gets real hot. The belt that was on it when I got the mower broke so picked up a new one at auto parts store an have had trouble after that. NO dealer in my area. What would be the proper size of belt that I need? 1/2" wide or smaller? Don't have a owner manual. Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is a Husqvarna/Dixon forum. It would help if I knew what mower you have.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Both Husky & Dixon have company web sites where you go to the "support" section hit manuals. type in your numbers and get owners manuals ,parts manuals & I think Dixon even have service manuals you can download for free so no excuses on that count, used mower or not.
Next mower belts are not the same as auto belts.
There is a reason why they cost 3 to 5 times as much as fan belts and it is not profiteering by the dealers, although some of the mark ups are a touch on the rude side.
As previously stated 4423 does not tell us diddy squat other than you have a 23Hp engine and a 44" deck

trackman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry guys I assumed you all would know that 4423 was a Dixon model number. You know what they say about ***-uming. I will go on a mower web site an order the proper belt. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Actually it is a ZTR 4423 , and the ZTR bit is important.
Further more it was made from 1997 to 2004.
The belt may have changed over that period of time so we needed the year as well.
You can go here, find your model & year the order either the factory belt or an OEM quality aftermarket belt
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/dixon/zero-turn-consumer

If you can't find the identity plate on your mower the first two numbers of the B & S SERIAL number is the year of the engine