Blades blade access

greenguy

Threads
How are you guys getting to your ZT blades? The first time I used my floor jack, but that barely got it high enough to remove the blades. Been looking @ a Smittybilt Trail Jack to get more height.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use my floor jack and an 8x8 block of wood I got off a construction site.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I take the deck off. Takes less time then a jack or the mower lifts. Maybe 2 minutes off 2 minutes on. And I can get a good look at everything.

BoylermanCT

Threads
I have a Harbor Freight lawn mower lift. Paid $80 for it, works great. Its on sale tomorrow (Labor Day) for $75 using their 25% off coupon. Picks up the front end to about 45 degrees. Blade changes take 5 minutes, mostly because I move slow in my old age!

RDA.Lawns

Threads
If I'm on a job we pull mower half way up the tailgate before the back tires hit it and stop the mower there.Gives plenty room and a 15/16 wrench 5 mins back mowing. Now at home I have a mow jack I purchased at tractor supply company.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure exactly what you are changing them on but we change three sets on our Tiger Cat Scags some times twice a day and we use a floor jack under the front of the deck. Have been for a couple of years now. We can change the blades in less than 10 minutes max.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Floor jack here too.

greenguy

Threads
A buddy of mine from work gave me a 1968 Chevy bumper jack. Couple of 2 X 6's screwed together for the proper height, works great.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Engine lift crane, Yard crane, block & tackle over first floor verandah, 14" truck ramps ( must be flat topped ), axle stands under the caster mounts lifting the mower with piano straps and even 1/2 way up the trailer ramp.
Have used them all at one time or another.
Ramps can get in the way of the blade nuts so axle stands are my prefferred on site method.
Slip a strap over my shoulder and hook it to the caster wheels, shorten the straps to give a good lift with my knees and kick in the axle stands.
ZTR's are very light on the front end.
If I have brought them I reverse the rear wheels onto the ramps first .
Now lifting the back, that is totally different.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lifting the back: same, floor jack.