Blades blade access

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lifting the back: same, floor jack.

Yeah , but you ain't going to lift it with a strap over your shoulders.
And if you can I surely don't want to bump into you in a dark alley :laughing:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert- True, back is too heavy for strap over shoulders lift for me as well.

I can lift it, but barely to any height & not for long. But my Z is small..

clay45

Threads
At 1100 lbs the mower is too heavy for a light weight lift. I tried various jacks and jack stands, then a lawnmower lift, and now have settled on using metal car ramps and solid rubber wheel chocks. Both from Harbor Freight. The metal ramps are just a tad higher than the poly molded ones and its easier for me to access the center blade from the front. I do have to stop short on the left side so I can drop my left side blade bolt out without binding on the ramp. Once I figured this out its been much easier to do. Like a number of others I tried the electric cordless impact to remove and retighten the blade bolts and its worked out fantastic for me. No backup wrench required and no blade slippage in use. So far so good.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you sit the ramps on a length of upside down carpet you will be able to turn them 90 deg so they are out of the way of the blade bolt.
Most cars go a tad over 2000 lbs ( 1 ton ) and the luxury ones weigh in a bit over 2 ton ( 4400 lbs) so almost any car jack will lift any ride on.
Problem usually is height hence the earlier reply using a block of hardwood on the jack.

RaulMcCai

Threads
truck jack with a little steel spacer I purpose welded up just for this.
One inch wrench on the spindle and 15/16" on the nut
You could use a little wood block to jam the blades and skip the one inch wrench

Somebody said they remove the deck - - - - - - REALLY? What model mower is this. The deck on my 1500 48" cut zero turn ain't coming off. no way no how.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
truck jack with a little steel spacer I purpose welded up just for this. One inch wrench on the spindle and 15/16" on the nut You could use a little wood block to jam the blades and skip the one inch wrench Somebody said they remove the deck - - - - - - REALLY? What model mower is this. The deck on my 1500 48" cut zero turn ain't coming off. no way no how.

Are you saying the deck on your mower can not be taken off?
I can remove my toro decks in half the time it takes to get the jack ready.
Pull the front pins lift deck off of the rear hangers take belt off pto. Back mower up over the deck. Less then one minute.
Now I can check all my pulleys and lube everything under the mower.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I would never remove my deck from my z master. It weighs over 250 pounds . with the foot plate folded up I can access every pulley and housing assembly.

donelwell

Threads
I have a Harbor Freight lawn mower lift. Paid $80 for it, works great. Its on sale tomorrow (Labor Day) for $75 using their 25% off coupon. Picks up the front end to about 45 degrees. Blade changes take 5 minutes, mostly because I move slow in my old age!
Just thought I would ask you about the lift. Mine too came from HF and can not get the jack to raise up the mower deck. have tried to bleed and even went to youtube and still no luck. what am I missing? sure hope you can shed some light on this thing. Thank you in advance.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just thought I would ask you about the lift. Mine too came from HF and can not get the jack to raise up the mower deck. have tried to bleed and even went to youtube and still no luck. what am I missing? sure hope you can shed some light on this thing. Thank you in advance.

Does it have oil in the pump?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
2 1/2 ton automotive floor jack under the front edge of the mower deck. The deck comes up, contacts the deck up stops and the machine will raise up enough to do blade replacement on my Scag Tiger Cub. MoJack Pro for my Hustler X-ONE rear discharge machine as it stays at a cemetery with dirt floors in the sheds.