Scag Liberty bagger knock-off options?

Homer1

Threads
I remember looking at baggers a while back when I bought my Freedom Z and I know they were pricey but I recently checked again and they are about 1200 bucks, which to me just seems crazy.

I have a friend who recently picked up a Liberty Z and really wants to add the bagger, but for the cost of 1200 he's considering purchasing the pull behind vac style because of the amount of clippings it holds.

Has anyone got any tips on adapting a different, slightly less pricey bagger to the Scag Liberty Z. Surely there is a way around the insane prices Scag is asking. Pictures and how-to's welcome!

Thanks!

Homer.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If I remember right the bagger requires an impeller to get the grass to the bags. So no matter what you try to do it is going to be costly. You will have to get one that works the same. They would offer an plan bagger if it would work. To answer your question. You can make anything fit if you have the time and talent.

mcdonell

Threads
I use a Home Depot sweeper which cost about $350 for the big 50" one. I simply mow the yard in the same direction and let the clippings pile up. When it gets too thick, I mow the other side of the yard. Whenever I get done mowing, I hook up my sweeper and just make a few passes. Yard looks great. The sweeper will also pickup leaves.

Magsrgod

Threads
I literally just went through this, I 100% could not justify the cost of the bagger. I only intend to use it during leaf season and if I've been gone for any extended period of time. I ended up purchasing the Accelerator catcher that attaches to the deck and it was around $400. The catcher is only ~3.3 bushels whereas the Scag bagger is 7 but the ease of use, smaller storage and price made it worth it for me.

Subdivisionbigdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2016 Liberty Z and was quoted $1,700 for the bagger system. I asked the dealer if they had ever sold one.... Nope