Anyone mulch?

gogojuice

Threads
I posted this over in the buyer forum.. but most people who answered had scans or other brands.

I'm thinking of the is2100 and have a demo coming.. but it will have no mulch kit installed.

I'm wondering if anyone out there can comment on the mulching capabilities.

Thanks

Etemplet

Threads
I am interested in this thread. I don't mulch but have used the gator mulching blades on my Snapper Zero Turn. I have much less to rake as a result. I use the mower discharge to make a nice round pile of grass. I have it down to a science. If i could eliminate 50% of my raking I'd be pretty happy. I have thick St. Augustine around the house so that is mainly where I need to rake a bit. Generally no more than one large Wheelbarrow when the grass is high so I'm not whining.

I have the stock Ferris blades on my new 700Z. I read about the G6 blades being the way to go so I am doing my do diligence.

Cheers,
Gene
Louisiana

glg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I used to mulch with gator blades, you have to cut often or double cut. I loved it but sold the property and the new property is too large to cut more often or double cut.

RickyPetite

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1500z and have mulched my 2 acre property for the past 7-8 years. Works great, no visable clippings or clumps. No raking...love it.