Echo srm 225

zachb91

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this echo cause it was affordable. 199.99 plus 5 year warranty with it. I've had it 6 months now and all I can say about it is I love it. I've knocked down 3 ft tall grass with it I've ran it for 6 hours strait. Have not had 1 problem with it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree they are well worth the money.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We switched to Echo products in 2014 and have not looked back. Everything we have bought or replaced we did with Echo. I have had some products that we had issues with but overall it has been a great experience. I have 2 PAS 225 units and 2 PAS 266 units. I also have a regular 266 SRM I think it is. I tried a PAS 280 unit and could not get it to run and finally my dealer gave me another one in its place and it would not run either. Not sure to this day why not. My dealer too care of me on a trade in to get rid of it. I also have two hand held blowers and a 760 I think the number is back pack blower as well as a 590 Timberwolf chainsaw and two sets of hedge trimmers. So far my overall Echo experience has been great.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have Stihl and Echo. The srm-225 is alright, but it has a very picky carb and doesn't have much power.

The one I just love is the KM94. It's light, very well balanced and quite strong.

zmister11

Threads
I have E the 225 also as my backup trimmer . I love using on my big accounts because it's so much lighter then my Stihl fs 90. The only problem I have is I have to use it every other yard. It doesn't want to start back up till it cools down I guess. It's like 2 years old.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sometimes I have that issue. Run it too hard and it won't want to start. Next morning it's fine.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I only have 1 echo product SRM 265U weedeater bought it bc a employee wanted it .I hate it. My go to is Husqvarna and Maruyama

zmister11

Threads
I only have 1 echo product SRM 265U weedeater bought it bc a employee wanted it .I hate it. My go to is Husqvarna and Maruyama

When I bought my stander last year they gave me a free husqavarna trimmer. Idk the model number but it's super light as well. But I think it needs a carb cleaning. It doesn't want to stay running

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a old gray echo edger. Starts first pull every time. I don't even know if I can move the choke lever. Been using it every day since I got for $40 two years ago.