raptor vs raptor sd front wheel fork

vballa

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a raptor (52" cut) and slightly bent one of the front forks by hitting a pole. I want to replace it. Doesn't seem available as a OEM part but there are a few on EBAY but they are for a raptor sd. Do you think the fork will be the same? -Vince

btw love the machine so far. Only mowed with it twice, and feel bad I bumped this small pole. I was being careful too. Didn't even hit it hard but hard enough to bend the fork back toward the deck a little.

bradmc

Threads
I have a raptor SD and my oem forks are sitting in a box out in the barn since I switched to flex forks. I could get some measurements from them that you could compare to your forks.

Datadave

Threads
I have a raptor SD and my oem forks are sitting in a box out in the barn since I switched to flex forks. I could get some measurements from them that you could compare to your forks.

Did you get the measurement on the forks yet Brad?
I would think that the Raptor has smaller forks than the Raptor SD because the RSD has larger front tires
and thicker steel
Raptor 52 = Fabricated 1/4" Steel & Front Tire 11 x 4 (Raptor Limited Front Tire = 11 x 5)
Raptor SD = Fabricated 3/8" Steel & Front Tire 13 x 6.5

It would be good to know the other dimensions including the shaft size

BoylermanCT

Threads
Here are 2 pics for the stock Raptor SD forks. I did the same as Brad and replaced mine with Flex Forks. The post is 1 inch diameter with a threaded hole at the top for the mounting bolt. The posted is 2 7/8 inches tall. The wheel bracket is 7 1/2 inches wide, so your narrower wheels won't fit without a longer axle and spacers. The SD wheels are 6 1/2 inches wide and look very cool! The bracket is 7 inches tall from the center of the wheel mounting hole to the top. Hope this helps.

_DSC8662.jpg
_DSC8663.jpg

Datadave

Threads
Good info BoylermanCT.
Wonder what happened to the OP. He said =
"I want to replace it. Doesn't seem available as a OEM part but there are a few on EBAY but they are for a raptor sd"
Would the Manufacturer not produce such basic replacement parts for the Raptor? Or maybe he did not do his homework?

BoylermanCT

Threads
I have to believe they can be replaced by a dealer. Maybe he bought it at a big box store, and they can't get the parts. A phone call to Hustler should solve the problem. They sell Flex Forks for the Raptor, so he could go that route and upgrade the forks with suspension at the same time.

Datadave

Threads
I'm sure the dealer can get the part, I was being a little facetious.
A quick search on E-bay and I found a Hustler Raptor front fork for $49.00 with free standard shipping :)
Would have posted a link if the OP responded back

1slow5point0h

Threads
This message is hidden because Anh102444 is on your ignore list.

BoylermanCT

Threads
I got the same thing. I didn't even know I had an ignore list!