Toro Timecutter Control Arms Ground Out Engine

KP49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a used 2014 Toro Timecutter ss5060 Model #74632. Last week mid-cut the engine grounded/choked out. Since then the engine fires up with no troubles, but every time I pull the control arms in it grounds out the engine, but once in a great while it won't and it'll work for 30-60 seconds then ground out. I tested connectivity on the control arm safety switches, seat switch and PTO switch (which doesn't kill engine). I checked for any loose or frayed wires, the fuses, the oil level, the air filter, charged the battery.

Not sure where to look/test next, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Kirk

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a going bad control arm switch.
I have 4 of these mowers and they all have done this. I just push the arms back out before the engine shuts off.

KP49

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Carscw. I assumed if the switch was bad it would go out all together, not slowly. Any chance it could be something with the electric parking brake? The brake releases with either control arm but maybe a relay is bad within it. Just checking ideas before purchasing parts.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you Carscw. I assumed if the switch was bad it would go out all together, not slowly. Any chance it could be something with the electric parking brake? The brake releases with either control arm but maybe a relay is bad within it. Just checking ideas before purchasing parts.

The damn brake box is a pain in the butt.
I have had problems the plug getting wet and dirty. Last time was a few months ago Unplugged it and sprayed WD40 in it.
Try this I forgot about it.
The brakes used to be connected right to the control arms. People would push the arms out while still moving and break the brake gears.