Buying Advice Does A Cub Cadet Tractor Attract Flying Insects?

Scott S

Threads
Hi.....

I'm leaning toward buying an Enduro XT2 LX46, but while doing research on Cub Cadet tractors I've seen several posts from CC owners who say that the bright yellow color seems to attract bees and flies. I've only seen a few posts on this topic, but, before I pull the trigger on buying a CC, I'm wondering if any of you have also experienced this issue. It should be noted that my house sits on 1.3 acres in a rural area and there are lots of files, wasps, hornets and bees that live out here. I certainly don't want them swarming me every time I mow the lawn. That would not be fun at all.

Thank you.

Scott

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
My son had a yellow car and we did see more bugs then the car right next to it but was in no way swarms of anything.

Scott S

Threads
My son had a yellow car and we did see more bugs then the car right next to it but was in no way swarms of anything.

Thank you.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My red Ferris just attracted a lot of bees yesterday when I mowed over the top of there nest. They didn't pay no attention to my Cub that as sitting in my shop??? So look out for them red mowers also.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I got my azz kicked a few years ago by bees. And I was on a black Murray.
Never got stung on my cub cadet maybe they was to busy looking at the mower.
Now I did get a nasty spider bite while on a toro. And see more snakes

Scott S

Threads
My red Ferris just attracted a lot of bees yesterday when I mowed over the top of there nest. They didn't pay no attention to my Cub that as sitting in my shop??? So look out for them red mowers also.

Thanks!

Scott S

Threads
I got my azz kicked a few years ago by bees. And I was on a black Murray.
Never got stung on my cub cadet maybe they was to busy looking at the mower.
Now I did get a nasty spider bite while on a toro. And see more snakes

Thanks!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now lets see Yellow, Red, and Black. Maybe a orange mower but that might look like red to a bee???? I have a friend that has a Green Craftsman mower, I will have to ask him the next time I see him how he gets along with insects, but then maybe a green mower looks like black to a bee??? I guess the next question can a insect see colors?

deck~dragger

Threads
I did get too close to the Althea bush last time I mowed. Full of flowers and the bumble bees were feasting. Needless too say they were quite pissed about interrupting their nectar nipping.
Now, bumbles will chase you. Shoved the pedal to the platform heading away from that bush as fast as the mower would run, cringing my teeth whilst thinking all the good bumble bee vibes that I could muster. Thank the good Lord, 0 stings, what a relief. Orange mower, by the way.

Scott S

Threads
I did get too close to the Althea bush last time I mowed. Full of flowers and the bumble bees were feasting. Needless too say they were quite pissed about interrupting their nectar nipping.
Now, bumbles will chase you. Shoved the pedal to the platform heading away from that bush as fast as the mower would run, cringing my teeth whilst thinking all the good bumble bee vibes that I could muster. Thank the good Lord, 0 stings, what a relief. Orange mower, by the way.

Thank you.