Can anyone help identify my carb'

Deltatango

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the UK and have an old Mountfield mower of pre- 1997 and two stroke, its fitted with a Tecumseh engine and carb which has taken to letting petrol out of its air filter so suspect float etc.

Problem is this mower is a bit of an odd one which seems not to exist in service manual land for Mountfield, I think it was one wedged in between listed models.

So I am trying to understand Tecumseh numbers and where so hidden, On a plate fixed by one nut by the carb' I read 12001A and AV85S as near as I can tell, on the carb' body' I think I read FHC201 with a possible 8 or S afterwards. Also its air intake is a simple oval sponge design.

Can you help me identify from these or suggest other places to look.

Many thanks from David:confused2:

Deltatango

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you I will read through and see if anything looks familiar, as for a picture I will do that but to get a good shot I will need to remove its cover and fan top because it covers it well plus the muffler is blocking a side view.
This looks to be an MV100 or MV100S type like a long cylinder with two bolts one end (exhaust outlet) and a bracket tacked on its other, thats another thing it needs as most of the outlet end has rotted away but seen some used ones on ebay.

I will study what I have and get back with more info.....

Many thanks from David

Update

I enclose a photo (not of my mower as yet) but of an old Flymo Hover, this shows my motor and exhaust type as a further clue.

Attachments

• MV100.jpg
    MV100.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: