2010 Zero Turn Z-Force Cub Cadet HELP

skittles

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I don't know anything about lawnmower repair, 10 minutes ago I was mowing and the mower just stopped. no noise no smoke. The engine still runs fine but the when I pull the PTO button there is just one little click noise. please help! What could be the problem? Can I fix it?

skittles

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I don't know anything about lawnmower repair, 10 minutes ago I was mowing and the mower just stopped. no noise no smoke. The engine still runs fine but the when I pull the PTO button there is just one little click noise. please help! What could be the problem? Can I fix it?

Okay, I just found the problem. the black band is off. Does anyone know how to put it back on? Can I do it myself? Its not broken, I just don't know what pattern to do

Roybretton

Threads
Generally when a belt comes off, more often than not, they can be fixed. I'm not sure about your particular machine, but on the zero turn machines I have owned, the machine normally has a pulley which is tensioned by a spring. If you pull the pulley back, you should then be able to get your belt onto the main pulleys. Just make sure you get the belt on in the correct position, some machines have quite a complicated pulley arrangement, ideally checked your manual before replacing the belt.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can I do it myself?

Most likely you will be able to do it...
Is it the PTO drive belt? or the deck belt??

Do you have the owners manual ... it should show how to install the belt.

If you have no manual, you can find inf here... Powered by Google Docs
You will find the belt lay out ... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Okay, I just found the problem. the black band is off. Does anyone know how to put it back on? Can I do it myself? Its not broken, I just don't know what pattern to do

First off what Z Force do you have? Is it a Fabricated deck or a stamped deck. The Z Force has three different belts a Drive, a PTO and a Deck belt. You say it just stopped, did the blades stop or did the mower stop. What ever belt came off I would replace it with a new belt, I wouldn't put the old back on because there is a reason it came off and it will most likely do the same thing again.

To replace either the deck belt or pto belt Place the deck in the lowest position, You can reduce the tension on the deck and pto belts by using the idler arm lever, from there you'll need to shift the deck forward until the trailing link is free and you be able to remove the deck if needed, other wise when you remove the pressure with the trailing link you can reinstall the pto belt. Pull of the pulley covers and you can replace the deck belt. If it's the drive belt take the thing to the shop because they're a pain in the a$$.