Sears Snow plow - 1980ish?

campervan12000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have discovered in the depths of my garage a Sears snow plow, my wife recalls it from about 1980. Does anyone have any information on such an old plow, users guide maybe? I want to attempt to make it fit my Cub cadet 2166, for the winter snows. Has anyone attempted this before, the wholesale manipulation of one attachment to another machine? Let me know, I have a few months to sort this. :smile:

RLAMMERDING

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a 2006 cub, model 2544, which i mounted a craftsman 48" blade. i made up an
"a" frame, which mounts to the rear axel, which has a mount that i fabricated. "a" frame is made from 1x2 channel. i removed the front bumper and fabricated a bracket that has a HARBOR FREIGHT 2000 lb. electric winch to raise and lower the blade. works great.
rich:

RockHound

Threads
Cool, I love retrofitting. RLAMMERDING-sounds like you did a wonderful job of fixing an old piece to fit what you have. Recycling at it's finest. I have a couple of older mowers-one a Black Hawk, that I would love to mangle together but I've just not found the time yet. Good job.