Deck discharge

Sonders

Threads
Hey guys. Bought a new X-One earlier this year and not real pleased with the clippings discharge. Was thinking of cutting this extra triangle piece (circled in red) off the side of the deck. Wondering if this may help open it up a little more for better clipping discharge. It won't hurt the flow of the deck any will it?

deck~dragger

Threads
If It were mine, I would not alter the machine under warrantee. There should be a better solution, maybe try some high lift blades.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
If It were mine, I would not alter the machine under warrantee. There should be a better solution, maybe try some high lift blades.

Agree I wouldn't open it up till warranty is done.Never give a manufacture a reason to get out of covering anything... Any altering of anything could be just cause to void your warrenty on the entire machine.

Sonders

Threads
Agree I wouldn't open it up till warranty is done.Never give a manufacture a reason to get out of covering anyt

Trust me, won't be doing it anytime soon. I like to thoroughly research first. So far I've heard from a few people to get high-lift blades. That's going to be my first step. The blades that came on this new suck. Next time I'm in the area and can stop in to the dealer I'm going to see what they offer in a high-lift blade for it. Have also been told to try dropping the baffle down to lowest setting to to create more lift to help cut the clippings up even finer. I'll try both of these options first.

My exerience with Scags and Advantage deck vs Velocity deck was to cut the opening larger on the Advantage deck to make it more open like the Velocity deck. So kind of same principle.

kraky

Threads
It's kind of weird that the same triangle shows up on a number of their decks... it makes me wonder if it's a last-ditch attempt of the manufacturer to deflect rocks or objects coming out of the deck.... if it is and you remove it and something weird happens if somebody gets hit with a stone or something they could shun any participation in a legal fight. If I was you I would certainly go back to the dealer and see if he's got any advice on baffle adjustment.... and don't be so sure they aren't already high lift blades under the deck I was a little surprised on my brand new fast-trak to find out that's what it came with.

Sonders

Threads
It's kind of weird that the same triangle shows up on a number of their decks... it makes me wonder if it's a last-ditch attempt of the manufacturer to deflect rocks or objects coming out of the deck.... if it is and you remove it and something weird happens if somebody gets hit with a stone or something they could shun any participation in a legal fight. If I was you I would certainly go back to the dealer and see if he's got any advice on baffle adjustment.... and don't be so sure they aren't already high lift blades under the deck I was a little surprised on my brand new fast-trak to find out that's what it came with.

I'm not worried about something coming out of deck and hitting somebody as I'm surrounded by woods with no close by neighbor. If these are considered high lift blades, then they are the smallest version I've ever seen. There isn't much upturn on these blades.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a strengthening buttress .
IF you want to remove it have a good look at what it is holding up

turboawd

Threads
that opening looks fairly big as it is. hustlers come with standard low lift blades from factory. try some higher lift blades for more discharge power.

kraky

Threads
There's only one way to find out what blades are on there and thats to get the part number off of them. As I said in my post my fastrak came from the factory with high lift blades.
Visually looking at them I would have probably called them a medium lift blade and the airfoil doesn't go down the blade very far. Overall I like the job my Fast Track does but I've never challenged it was real high grass. It doesn't throw out nearly as far as my old raptor SD did with Gator blades..... there's a big difference in how these two decks work.