Attachments Cub 2166 capability

Muddinmann67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Alright guys I'm looking for some info on the 2166 capabilities when it comes to ground engaging implements, I can't really find any info on the strength of the transaxle for light garden tilling.

I am currently fabricating a sleeve hitch for the tractor and recently aquire a old horse drawn chisel plow that I'm making into a sleeve hitch plow, but I don't want to tear the transaxle out of the mower if it's not capable.

What'd yalls advice on the issue? Thanks in advance.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The mower is not a ground engaging tractor it is just a lawn mower. Use at your own risk.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The 2000 series are lawn tractors
The 3000 series are garden tractors
The latter is made from thicker steel and it has stronger hydros.

As with a lot of things it is going to depend upon how it is being used rather than what it is being used for.

RudyP

Threads
Alright guys I'm looking for some info on the 2166 capabilities when it comes to ground engaging implements, I can't really find any info on the strength of the transaxle for light garden tilling.

I am currently fabricating a sleeve hitch for the tractor and recently aquire a old horse drawn chisel plow that I'm making into a sleeve hitch plow, but I don't want to tear the transaxle out of the mower if it's not capable.

What'd yalls advice on the issue? Thanks in advance.

My 2166 is 13 years old and has done a fantastic job for what it is designed for and that is mowing, pulling a lawn sweeper and hauling debris in a yard trailer. Shortly after buying it I ran power to my storage building and rather than rent a ditch witch or use a shovel I hooked a small turning plow to the Cub and dug a 75' trench just wide & deep enough bury a 10ga. uf wire. It took several passes thru the yard and I had to stop many times to cut tree roots. It did the job and fortunately it did not damage the tractor but I quickly learned that a 2166 is NOT suited for this type of work. My suggestion is not do it, unfortunately it's just too light for gardening use. Sorry for the bad news but you need to look for a tractor better suited for ground engaging equipment. Hope this helps, Rudy.