Which Trimmer Head for Echo Trimmer?

rpearlberg

Threads
I have the Echo PAS-225VP power head with the string trimmer attachment. I need/want to replace the head because the line keeps getting tangled and it's a pain to stop every few minutes to deal with it. Which is the best head to get for easy loading and won't get tangled all the time?

Thank you!!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the Echo PAS-225VP power head with the string trimmer attachment. I need/want to replace the head because the line keeps getting tangled and it's a pain to stop every few minutes to deal with it. Which is the best head to get for easy loading and won't get tangled all the time?

Thank you!!

It should have a speed feed head on it if it is an Echo. We run 5 Echo String Trimmers and the Speed Feed head is the best thing since sliced bread as far as we are concerned.

If your unit has a Speed feed head on it and if you have taken it apart to work on it you might have installed the spool upside down and if so it will not work.

Other than that you won't find a better head.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agree about the 'speed feed 400' head.

There is a stepped gear inside that advances the string when you bump it. If your line is NOT advancing try flipping the stepped gear over.