Newbie queatiom...strapping rider on a trailer

Alan50501

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a cub cadet XT1 LT42 riding lawn mower and have a 5x8 trailer what's the best way to strap it onto my trailer with ratchet straps...

Thanks

gainestruk

Threads
I owned a flatbed semi and did a lot of tie down, put one strap on rear axel on right side inside tire and pull back to right rear corner of trailer then one strap on right front axel inside tire to right front corner (be careful to stay away from steering components) and pull forward then go to left side and do same to left rear and left front of trailer.
Do not put a strap over hood or on frame where you sit or by engine, you can do serious damage as you bounce down road !
4 small ratchet straps will be more than enough to hold in place.

You will only have a problem if you get trailer upside down :cool:

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Dose your trailer have a tailgate? What I'm about to say isn't DOT legal lol but one strap is all you need.Pull it as far forward as you can secure it with one strap to the front rail lock breaks close tailgate n go. I just load my mowers close gate and go never tie mine down.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I put a block of wood behind the rear tires.
Don't have time to be playing with straps.

Pumper54

Threads
When I have to haul the mower from the house to the farm (140 miles) I drive it on the trailer and lock the front wheels into the motorcycle wheel chocks mounted on the trailer and then one strap from one rear corner of the trailer through the hitch hole on the rear of the mower and then to the other rear corner of the trailer. Drop the deck all the way down and set the brake. Never had an issue.
Tom

Murray side view.jpg

Alan50501

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dose your trailer have a tailgate? What I'm about to say isn't DOT legal lol but one strap is all you need.Pull it as far forward as you can secure it with one strap to the front rail lock breaks close tailgate n go. I just load my mowers close gate and go never tie mine down.

My trailer does have a gate