Husqvarna 4219

Capt Chumbucket

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm a newbie here but here goes...
Just obtained a 2007 Z4219 with some steering issues (it has the EZT's).
Steering is very "jerky" with the right side lever not appearing to be working sometimes.
Also have to pull on levers toward reverse in order to get neutral. Otherwise it stays in forward and creeps. At full forward the machine wants to track to the left.
I've looked all over the interweb and found there are no service manuals to be had.
Can someone advise me if there are any adjustments that can be made to these EZT's or linkage?
Thanks in advance.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Capt Chumbucket

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your input.
I have read & re-read my operator manual (same as the link you supplied) and nowhere can I find anything in there about adjusting the steering or forward motion; only the belt.
If I am in full forward and release the levers they return to the neutral position, across from the neutral lock out position, but the machine is still creeping forward. This makes me think that they need to be adjusted, but nowhere can I find instructions or videos of the procedure.
While I'm asking questions on the steering, just what do the "dampers" do and could that be a cause of this creeping?
Thanks again for anyone input.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very easy.
Jack the rear wheels off the ground.
Remove the seat switch and tape it so it thinks you are sitting in the seat.
Start the engine put the lap bars in so the breaks release. and adjust the drives till each wheel stops turning.

At the drive there is a lever that a rod from the lap bars connect. Turn the nut on the end of the rod.

Capt Chumbucket

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the info, both of you.
As so as my second cup of coffee kicks in I'll be in the garage and see what I can do.
I will report back on my findings.
Many thanks.

the Capt.