Help with deck / blade height adjustment on WE261 Weedeater One

stevanhauser

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Help with deck / blade height adjustment on WE261 Weedeater One
I just bought a used weedeater one from a craigslist listing for $45. The clutch cable was broken, but I had someone fix that.

My height adjustment does not seem to work at all... when I push the release button and move the lever, the deck level does not move! I'm sure someone was messing with it.

On the side with the lever, there seems to be something that slides inside a piece of metal and it just moves back and forth in there... on the other side, this is a piece of metal with threads on it. Towards the top of that piece of metal is a nut. further down that piece of metal (below the nut) there is a threaded piece of metal that is on the threaded rod and goes through a hole and a nut screws on to that... and that slides up and down the threaded rod... none of this movement appears to move the deck up or down at all....

any thoughts or pics?

Last edited:

stevanhauser

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like the deck is stuck in the up position. Look at the deck to see what is holding it up.

stevanhauser

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks like the deck is stuck in the up position. Look at the deck to see what is holding it up.

YUP... there was a piece of metal bent out... holding the deck up high... all fixed now.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sweet