Can't keep my deck level

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a couple of MTD mowers.
Model # shouldn't be important as this is a generic adjustment system with MTD mowers.
Both use the same deck leveling system: a large hex bolt adjustment gear up/down on the left side secured by a smaller bolt in the middle of the large one.
My 46" mower seems to hold adjustment fine.
The 54" is another matter.
Seems that the adjustment gear keeps dropping down and causing the deck to be uneven side to side, regardless of how much I tighten the fixing bolt.

Any suggestions?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We find that 99.9% of the deck leveling problems we have are tire air pressure. A small differential in air pressure between the right and left tires will make a significant difference. Then adjusting for the different without correcting the tire pressure greatly distorts the problem even further.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
We find that 99.9% of the deck leveling problems we have are tire air pressure. A small differential in air pressure between the right and left tires will make a significant difference. Then adjusting for the different without correcting the tire pressure greatly distorts the problem even further.

Thanks.
In my case I know that adjuster is not staying where I put it......the left side keeps dropping down, and that
is visually verifiable from looking at the adjustment mechanism.
I guess that puts my mower in the .1%

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Model number so I can look up parts?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you checked the kog and the bolt threads?

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you checked the kog and the bolt threads?

I am not certain I grasp what you are asking.
The bolt #15 Does get tight.
That should indicate that the threads are in good shape.

I do need to verify that the lock washer is present...
If the LW is missing, it is conceivable that the adjuster #40 could slip, even with the bolt tight.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure the back of your adjuster bolt looks like thiskog.jpg