Any Pro Z 160S owners?

Ashtonman

Threads
Are there any Cub Cadet Pro Z 160S owners that can give any feedback on the new mower? I am going to test drive tomorrow but I can not find very much info on any of the units. The new Kohler Confidant efi engine looks brand new also. Not much of a track record for that engine. I really like the design concept because I mow real close to a lake with lots of hills and my Hustler Rapture SD is not working out very well.

Ashtonman

Threads
Well I picked up one of the units to demo. Idk what to think about it. I been using zero turn mowers last 10 years.
It cuts very good. The thing is fast as you want a mower to be. It handled all the hills and angles great. It has cruse control. I tried to get it to turf burn but nope. No matter how fast or how hard I turned the wheels were perfectly synchronized. The new Kohler EXT750 efi ran great. The thing is not loud at all. It's build like a tank.
All the covers are made from heavy steel. They have quick release knobs to remove covers for cleaning. I can only find one thing wrong and that's the deck adjustment lever would not lock in when using the front pin holes. I am sure that is just a quick adjustment.
The seat is very good. Nothing feels cheap on this model. I just don't know what I am going to do.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Ashtonman

Threads
Re: Any Pro Z 160S owners?,

Well I pulled the trigger on this new mower. Got a great end of season deal. I will keep everyone posted on the mowers performance. The deck cut is great and the design of the covers makes it super easy to clean up with a blower. I really like the seat, and the cruise control is great. One of things I am now worried about is the yellow and black colors attracting more insects. :laughing:

Ashtonman

Threads
Here are a few more pictures of this mower. I still can't believe there is almost no information out there on this model.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Bad-Brad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have the Pro Z 160 s but I took delivery today on a Pro Z 160 L EFI...it's sitting in the garage. I will be putting it thru the paces tomorrow, I looked at lots of mowers for the price point this looked like the best option for me...I have relativly flat 1 1/2 acres so it should last me the rest of my life...Hopefully my first and last ZTR mower.

Ashtonman

Threads
That's great, I had the choice of the S or the L. I went with the S because of how well it held the hills. Let me know what you think of the efi engine. I can't believe how little fuel it uses. I have 12 hrs on mine now. It's seems to be one hell of a mower for the price.

Bad-Brad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I got to use the mower the other day, 1st time on a ZTR...neighbors probably thought I was drunk...lol. Zig-Zaging around laughing my *** off, laughing about my poor driving and in amazement at how this thing cut the grass! I finally got the driving under control and this thing just flies....I have an adjacent lot that the grass was about 12 inches high, turf grasses and coarse clump fescue mix, really nasty stuff and I put it on 4 inch cut and it whizzed along without pause. The motor didn't even seem like it noticed. I mowed the front lawn in like 12 minutes...insane! Only issue was when I first started I didn't realize that that deck height adjustment pin needed to be inserted and twisted to lock in place and it backed out and the deck dropped down to lowest setting, other than that bit of excitement it was great....I wish I had left the ride on tractor mowers 10 yrs ago...this thing is awesome!:smile:

RhettWS

Threads
I saw Ashtonman's post on the Hustler forum. This Pro-z looks pretty interesting. I looked at your posted pictures as well as the cub site trying to find out a bit more about this mower. Below are a couple of questions that I could not answer.

1. Are the spindles greaseable or are they sealed?
2. Is the deck chain hung?

Let me know. No rush and thanks ........ Rhett

Ashtonman

Threads
I saw Ashtonman's post on the Hustler forum. This Pro-z looks pretty interesting. I looked at your posted pictures as well as the cub site trying to find out a bit more about this mower. Below are a couple of questions that I could not answer.

1. Are the spindles greaseable or are they sealed?
2. Is the deck chain hung?

Let me know. No rush and thanks ........ Rhett

Yes the spindles are greaseable, so are the front tires. The complete service manual is online at cubcadet.com
No the deck is not chain hung.
I tried to find a tank mower in stock at two different dealers but no one stocked them.

The mower runs very well. Holds the hills better than any mower I have ever used. The cut is fantastic and I still can't get over how fuel efficient the 27hp efi engine is. And there is nothing cheap on the mower.
The seat is the same quality and comfort of any other brands 10k+ mowers.
It's seems like cub cadet took the best of the tank design and the high end RZT line and made one hell of a mower.

RhettWS

Threads
Thanks for the answers. I am not currently in the market. My raptorSD does well for how I use it. I only have one small area that has any grade to it and I rarely need to cut it. There is enough open flat space at the bottom of the hill that if I do slide, it is not far with plenty of room to easily stop before I go in the bayou.

Good luck with your mower. It sounds like a nice rig.