Repairs Hydrostatic Transmission Service

eddyg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the shop manual for my HRB215K3HXA. It is not spelled out if the transmission fluid needs to be changed. It only covers if the fluid is low, or has water in it. Coming from the school of "fluid is cheaper than new parts" should this fluid be changed every 200 hours or so?

The flow chart on diagnosing trans problems shows: "Replace transmission" for just about any situation - other than works perfect. Do you guys change the fluid? Or is this an aircraft "Fix on failure" situation?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the shop manual for my HRB215K3HXA. It is not spelled out if the transmission fluid needs to be changed. It only covers if the fluid is low, or has water in it. Coming from the school of "fluid is cheaper than new parts" should this fluid be changed every 200 hours or so?

The flow chart on diagnosing trans problems shows: "Replace transmission" for just about any situation - other than works perfect. Do you guys change the fluid? Or is this an aircraft "Fix on failure" situation?

Fix as fail, in service parlance.

There is no service interval for any Honda HST. The factory fill is good for the life of the transmission. That said, there's no harm in changing it, but it is a bit of a process. You need to remove the trans. from the mower and position it on a level surface...

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
TuffTorque is also kinda vague about oil change saying it will prolong life, but only specifying after 50 hours if desired. After looking under my new Husky I imagine few would try on the K66. (I plan to at 50 hrs.) Husky manual also is silent