Need suggestion for cheap lawn mower

rash3d

Threads
hey everyone,

I have been looking for Low cost, cheaper Lawn Mower and after looking for many different websites I found out this website where it recommends 5 Cheap Lawn Mowers from amazon best seller. I find all this 5 attractive and fits my budget as well. Can anyone recommend me which one would best. the mower I am looking for is around $100, so if someone could possibly give some brief review of the best mower would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cheap and good are mutually exclusive terms.
Good is never cheap
Cheap is never good.

or as dad used to say in a bad Scottish accent
"He who buys cheap pays thrice"
Over the years his wisdom has proven itself to be 100%.

If you only have $ 100 then spend it on a used mower from a mower shop.
A real mower shop with repair men, and boxes of parts and people with a reputation to preserve.

NorthBama

Threads
Good is never cheap
Cheap is never good.

A real mower shop with repair men, and boxes of parts and people with a reputation to preserve.

an excellent reply if I may say so sir.

rash3d

Threads
Good is never cheap
Cheap is never good.

wow thanks.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It really is not a choice. Just pick one then next year pick another one and so on. In 4 years you will have spent $400.00 on nothing that you can still use. You do not have to buy the most expensive mower out there but you should never buy the cheapest one. Your money would be better spent buying used.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gotta also agree with Bert, something used from reputable shop (etc).

preventec47

Threads
Since I developed problems with my fancy zero turn riding mower 3 summers ago I have bought three push
mowers each for no more than fifty dollars on craigslist. They all are running and ready and two of them
are self propelled that are broken in the self propell area. The broken self propellers are harder to push
but they crank on first pull and would give me a workout for sure. I halfway thought I might tinker
with the self propell parts and see if I could fix one or both but meantime I could cut the yard
with human propulsion. I guess I am tryiing to say you dont have to buy used from a repair
shop but I know there are a lot of folks who never return to pick up their repaired mowers and
they sell the mowers to cover the repair bill. Seems like a great place to buy a mower when
the repair guys at the shop can vouch for the integrity of the mechanicals as opposed to rolling
the dice and doing your own inspections on craigslist etc. I just have never had the money
to buy new cars, guns or mowers. I always thought a better more expensive product discounted
because of age or use was better than purchasing a cheap product that is brand new.
I do realize that it can be risky and you can be burned if you are not very careful. Mowers I think
are pretty easy as you ask the seller to crank it up and cut some grass with it. It either works
or it doesnt. That is pretty easy to see especially for low end push mowers.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It all depends on what you plan on buying and how much lawn you are going to mow. I see nothing wrong with a cheap mower if you are mowing a very small lawn. But if you got 5 + acers to mow you better rethink this.