OIl change on a Zee 2

mrp1962

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a Zee2, second owner, I went to change the oil and it appears that the previous owner(passed Away) messed up what appears have been a plastic nut or something to open a valve to let oil out. What was supposed to be there and I assume it turns counter clockwise to open and clockwise to close, what I see is a nub of whats left, pretty sure this is why the oil is so dirty because he messed it up and could not drain either, What I can tell you is it look like there is a Tee and when the valve is open the oil comes out the fisrt down port of the tee. Thanks and I hope I explained enough for someone to help me.

mrp1962

Forum Newbie
Threads
don't know how, but when I do I will. it looks like a tee and I think it needs to turn out to let the oil out but anyways I am going to use a pair of needl nose vise grips on it when I get home and see if that works it's a little black plastic looking tee on the bottom of the motor.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the whole thing off.
Go to a plumbing or real hardwear shop and get a pair of barbed nipples to screw into the oil drain hole , a cap that will screw onto the threaded end of the nipple and a 2' length of oil hose.
Now when you need to change the oil take the cap off one nipple and direct the hose into an old catch bottle.

mrp1962

Forum Newbie
Threads
that's pretty much what I was thinking, thanks for reassuring me.