New Raptor SD Engine Quits at 3.8 Hours

BoylermanCT

Threads
So I am mowing with my new Raptor SD, and half way through the lawn today, the engine suddenly quits. I try to start it but it just cranks and cranks and won't start again. I'm frustrated that I will have to tow it back to the dealer which is 30 minutes way, and frustrated that my brand new mower is broken.

Then I check the gas, and I'm bone dry. I've mowed my 5 acre lawn 1 1/2 times on 3 gallons of gas. On my lawn tractor, I could mow 1 time on 4 gallons of gas. So this means I am saving 2 gallons of gas each time I mow! So in 1 season, I will save 64 gallons of gas or $128 at $2 gas, up to $256 at $4 like the the last couple of years. If I had known that, I would have bought one years ago! If the Raptor SD lasts 1600 hours, it will be free due to the gas savings! I love my Raptor SD!

kraky

Threads
Geez... I have had a few Bud lights tonight and I'm not going to try and crank up the calculator math.... how long before you can pay for a couple of grade 8 bolts for your hydro crossmember...Lol!

BoylermanCT

Threads
The bolt would be $2 at Tractor Supply, or $24 from a Deere dealer! But it would be painted a nice shade of green.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't worry.
The fuel consumption will start to increase very shortly.

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup:

mhavanti

Threads
Bert got that right! lol