Repairs gravely already down with only 300 hours

zmister11

Threads
My gravely pro turn 148 only has 300 hours on it and it's already got a bad hydro. The dealer is replacing the transmission under warranty. But do you think I should be concerned about it happening in another 300 hours? I only have 6 months left of warranty. Also, it has the hydro gear 3400. Are these known for going out so soon? I always do scheduled maintenance and I'm not rough on my equipment.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think you will find under consummer law the new hydro will carry the same warranty so if they originally had 12 months, this one will have 12 months from the date it is replaced.
It will not extend to the rest of the mower, just the replaced hydro

zmister11

Threads
I think you will find under consummer law the new hydro will carry the same warranty so if they originally had 12 months, this one will have 12 months from the date it is replaced.
It will not extend to the rest of the mower, just the replaced hydro

Oh ok great! They just call it the transmission. So is that for both wheels? Or do I have two? Just like I have two hydros.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before you get too excited, check as some state regulations will over ride other legislaitions.
I did say should.
As for the hydros, you have 2 one left & 1 right and only the replacement unit will carry the warranty.
The other crunch is how carries the can, the tranny manufacturer or the mower manufacturer or the service agent.
Down here, where most of our consummer laws are directly copied from California legislation, I the repairer have to warrant any & every part that I replace is of the same or equivalent quality as the part I am replacing.
SO if the trany had 12 months when new & I replace one that is 20 year old, it still carries 12 month warranty from the day I installed it.

It gets even worse down here because if I send a mower out with any defective part on it and it fails , I am liable to repair it regardless of weather it was the reason for the repair or not.
This was done at the behest of the vehicle importers & manufacturers to discourage the repair of old vehicles.
The length of the mandatory warranty depends upon a ratio of the repair price to the original RRP.

zmister11

Threads
Before you get too excited, check as some state regulations will over ride other legislaitions.
I did say should.
As for the hydros, you have 2 one left & 1 right and only the replacement unit will carry the warranty.
The other crunch is how carries the can, the tranny manufacturer or the mower manufacturer or the service agent.
Down here, where most of our consummer laws are directly copied from California legislation, I the repairer have to warrant any & every part that I replace is of the same or equivalent quality as the part I am replacing.
SO if the trany had 12 months when new & I replace one that is 20 year old, it still carries 12 month warranty from the day I installed it.

It gets even worse down here because if I send a mower out with any defective part on it and it fails , I am liable to repair it regardless of weather it was the reason for the repair or not.
This was done at the behest of the vehicle importers & manufacturers to discourage the repair of old vehicles.
The length of the mandatory warranty depends upon a ratio of the repair price to the original RRP.

Ok thanks for writing me back. I'm trying to pick up this big commercial lot. It's a giant neighborhood. And I'm trying to decide if I should be looking into a new mower or not. If I get the account then I really can't afford to have down time. And those exmarks are looking really good lol

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My gravely pro turn 148 only has 300 hours on it and it's already got a bad hydro. The dealer is replacing the transmission under warranty. But do you think I should be concerned about it happening in another 300 hours? I only have 6 months left of warranty. Also, it has the hydro gear 3400. Are these known for going out so soon? I always do scheduled maintenance and I'm not rough on my equipment.

I have been in the repair business for all my working life. Through them years I have seen many repairs on new or almost new equipment and some equipment never needs anything. Why this happens, I don't know. It sure doesn't give your 3400 a bad name. I am sure the Exmark can still have its share of troubles also. You sure don't need a excuse to buy a nice new mower. Beside just think how nice that new mower will look mowing that commercial lot.

zmister11

Threads
I have been in the repair business for all my working life. Through them years I have seen many repairs on new or almost new equipment and some equipment never needs anything. Why this happens, I don't know. It sure doesn't give your 3400 a bad name. I am sure the Exmark can still have its share of troubles also. You sure don't need a excuse to buy a nice new mower. Beside just think how nice that new mower will look mowing that commercial lot.

Yeah those are some good points

zmister11

Threads
The mower is still down. But atleast their letting me borrow one of there mowers. It's a husqavarna pz 60. (I know I spelt it wrong) I always thought that these mowers were always cheaply built. Idk why but I did. I mowed all day today with it, and I have to say I'm impressed! It cuts great, and I like that 31hp efi Kohler

ForumRunner_20160815_203923.png