RSD60 - broken transaxle mount bolt

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Over 3000 hours on 4 toros with the ezts cutting foreclosed homes. More then half the hours is cutting weeds/grass over 2 foot tall.
Hills you would not even attempt to put a mower on.

EZT drives are the way to go. Search this group and you will not find one person say one went bad. But you can keep replacing hydro pumps and motors and new lines. And don't forget the $50 fluid change every 100 hours. And down talk things you really know nothing about.
Only a fool would buy a new mower knowing they have to modify it before using.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Big thumbs up!!!! Like I said earlier,i just double lock nutted all my hydro hardware and never had a problem with them coming loose again,i run that hustler up and down some major banks,so steep you cant hold them sideways..my pump belt was missing a few ribs at the end of the season,that understandable for all the abuse i put the machine through every week commercially. Great mower and i would buy another one for sure!!!IMO the less expensive toro with the EZT pumps would not hold up to the torture I put this mower through...Im sure its fine on flat ground though.
What mower did you have that the EZT drive went bad?

Stingray69

Threads
Here let me google that for you http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/general-lawn-garden/316646-hydro-gear-ezt-transmission-most.html. See post #2. EZT hydros are widely recognized to be an entry level hydro. Keep telling yourself they are the best..........if it makes you feel better. Good to hear you have had great success with them. I am an engineer and you will never convince me a no maintenance unit with no filter is better than one you can change the filter and fluid on. All you interjection in the middle of a hustler repair section about your bulletproof Toro is just counter productive for other Hustler owners.

If you are mowing 2 foot grass you need a brush hog!

577jersey

Threads
He is right,I never had an EZT equipped mower so I don’t know.But i do know that my 2800s have both filters and fans,and rolling up and down banks all day long I choose to think the 2800s are better for my application.

I use Mobile 1 50w and can go alot longer than 100 hours for service,I believe the interval is every 200 hours for RSD using dino oil,but if using synthetic 500 hours would be fine,especially with those spin ons.

I believe the toro guy doesn’t like kawasaki either,Im a huge kawi fan,always was even though I like Kohler too,whatever works..Im hoping to get 1k hours out of this RSD and post my issues along the way.

Hopefully I live that long,could be 5 or 6 years before I see that...anyway have a God Blessed season to all and well be checkin back in late fall with a RSD update if i remember.

Tommy

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the problem with unexperienced people on here. They read what the manufacturers say.
The bottom line is if you do not have experience with something then don't act like you know what you are talking about.
I did not ask you what someone's opinion was on the drives.
I asked you if you have ever had any of them gone bad.
You have not and do not know anyone that has. I will bet no one n here has had one go bad.
I have used the raptor for 100 hours.it is Junk.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you do not have experience with something then do not suggest that it would not last doing the job.
My point with the toro is you get a better built and more dependable mower for less money.
I have a $10.000 scag on its third $ 400 pump with only 1100 hours and n it.
A sealed unit saves you money every day. I save $200 every 100 hours (4mowers) no telling how much i save a year not replacing pumps or motors.i must have done something right. I retired 6 months ago at age 52. I have over 200 mowers. 24 of them are pre 1970 and never been used.

Stingray69

Threads
Serious Dude...........200 mowers 24 never used? Pics or it ain't true...............................................................tic toc

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look around in this group. You want pictures you going to have to look for them. They are posted in here.

Every once in awhile there is a new guy like you. Acts like he knows more then every one else. Then poof he is gone.

577jersey

Threads
What makes the raptor junk it has the EZT pumps just like yours?
Now the SD is the one that is being questioned in the thread.
The Raptor is a good mower too just had problem with deck hangers dropping a couple bolts on some units.
The SD,s deck has a 6 point mounting to the frame,it is far from junk bro.

Mine blows grass 4 passes over easy now that the chute is opened a little more.

Remember,ladys and gents,these are just lawnmowers not Lamborghini’s..lmao

Stingray69

Threads
Not here to dispute someone that I think is full of it and has nothing constructive to add to a brand specific repair forum. I will however chime in when needed to share constructive information with other owners of the same mower I own. You have no idea of my back round or knowledge based on a few posts. I have given others constructive input on what worked to resolve my issue and might help resolve theirs. What have you given Hustler owners that is constructive............a bunch of BS! I'm sure others can see it for what it is. I'm out!