RSD60 - broken transaxle mount bolt

kraky

Threads
2 bolts to watch over......oh the horror.
Where is Ralph Nader when you need him?
Ya....shouldn't be an issue but everything and everybody has a quirk!
It's a cup half full/half empty dilemma!

577jersey

Threads
2 bolts to watch over......oh the horror.
Where is Ralph Nader when you need him?
Ya....shouldn't be an issue but everything and everybody has a quirk!
It's a cup half full/half empty dilemma!
Yeah right kraky,,
There are alot bigger issues with other mowers than a couple bolts...lmbo
Im not saying the RSD wont break,all mowers break.
If your prepared for a break down by keeping a couple belts,springs,clips,and some slime for tires..you shouldn’t have to worry about it much at all.
Im gonna try to be the first guy who puts 1000 hours on this mower,,you guys might be waiting a while though...lol

Tom

bradmc

Threads
I did a quick search before I started this thread but didn't find anything that semed related. I mow about 4.5 acres of "yard" that was horse pasture 3 years ago. It's bumpy, to put it mildly. I'm not at all surprised that a few bolts have worked their way loose after all that rough riding. I'm very happy with my hustler. It cost me maybe $4.50 to fix the problem (and upgrade to shanked g8's at the same time). I just wanted others to keep an eye on these bolts.

Some of you hateful (useless) troll idiots aren't happy unless you're crapping on every brand but your own. Good for you, you miserable piece of garbage.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did a quick search before I started this thread but didn't find anything that semed related. I mow about 4.5 acres of "yard" that was horse pasture 3 years ago. It's bumpy, to put it mildly. I'm not at all surprised that a few bolts have worked their way loose after all that rough riding. I'm very happy with my hustler. It cost me maybe $4.50 to fix the problem (and upgrade to shanked g8's at the same time). I just wanted others to keep an eye on these bolts. Some of you hateful (useless) troll idiots aren't happy unless you're crapping on every brand but your own. Good for you, you miserable piece of garbage.

The thing is is this group is full of threads about this mower. I do own 3 hustlers but would not buy a raptor after I did a demo for a week. Before you call others idiots or trolls you might want to know how much MORE then you they know about mowers.

We get that ever mower has a bad one once in awhile. But the SD is still a new mower with lots of problems.

mhavanti

Threads
Funny thing about Forums, you will see all the nastiness about any subject. Just like selling by word of mouth, seldom do people speak about how well they were treated, serviced or prices given. However, people normally speak about their bad experiences almost exclusively. For every one good experience with a particular product or sales company you'll hear bad a hundred times.

Point being, you may have seen 20 folks have negative statements about any particular brand, but, they say it hundreds of times. Unlike a fist fight, you kick the shyte out of each other, its over with and go grab a soda or a beer and get back to work.

For every reported problem with any one brand or model mower on this forum, there are hundreds of thousands units out there that have never experienced anything other than operator abuse. A person that doesn't treat their mowers like a four wheel drive mud buggy is irritated when they experience a fail. However, it is a machine, machines have failures. Raptor doesn't have an excessive amount of failures greater than any other brands.

I subscribe to run'em like you stole'em, if you break it, fix it. I suggest you all do the same.

Let the good times roll!

Max

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do not dislike hustler at all. They make one of if not the best commercial machines on the market.

577jersey

Threads
It really cracks me up too,,because its only lawn mowers that we are talking about....lol.

The net is full of keyboard Rambos...mow on my fellow Hustler owner and enjoy that beautiful machine.

It should last you a long time especially if you slow it down a bit over the rough terrain..maybe look into getting a roller for that pasture of yours one of these days :)

oh and BTW..My raptor has 80 hours of hard use and doesn’t have any major issues as of yet...the key gets turned 10 plus times a day,and the deck gets lifted and dropped 20x a day..I was under it yesterday and the spindles are tight as a rock!!! My Bobcat Classic full commercial even has a little slop in the spindles with only 100 hours on it.

Tom

Kremeneon

Threads
Those upper front cross brace bolts loosened up on me also, I caught and tightened them. Next, or maybe at the same time, the cross brace itself broke at the bottom bolt. They bolts were plenty tight, the brace itself broke or fatigue cracked at the bend where it turns to face the left hydro lower bolt. The mower still operated, but it wouldn't be long before the extra stress bent or broke something else, I noticed the break Friday after finishing up the yard.

I called my dealer on Monday. Service guy was fully aware of the issue and said he had upgraded cross braces in stock.
They drive 15 miles to pick up the mower Tuesday morning.
They returned it about 4pm with a new brace and hardware at all six points where the brace attaches to the hydros.

577jersey

Threads
Those upper front cross brace bolts loosened up on me also, I caught and tightened them. Next, or maybe at the same time, the cross brace itself broke at the bottom bolt. They bolts were plenty tight, the brace itself broke or fatigue cracked at the bend where it turns to face the left hydro lower bolt. The mower still operated, but it wouldn't be long before the extra stress bent or broke something else, I noticed the break Friday after finishing up the yard.

I called my dealer on Monday. Service guy was fully aware of the issue and said he had upgraded cross braces in stock.
They returned it about 4pm with a new brace and hardware at all six points where the brace attaches to the hydros.
Could you please post a few pics of the new upgraded brace,,Id love to see if mine already has that new brace since its a newer machine?
Thanks a ton!!
Also,,what year is your mower,,maybe Hustler added the new braces to the newer ones Im hoping,,if not Im going to call the dealer.
Mine is still holding up great almost 90 hours of hard use.

Tom

turboawd

Threads

my dealer and hustler themselves said there is no update.