R-155 Parts

Howdy Doody

Threads
Hi all - I have recently purchased a nice used 1983 R-155 with the Kohler Pro engine. I have been looking at them for many years and finally came across the right deal. Here are my issues and hopefully you guys can help me:

1 - All three spindles are seized up and two of the casings will need to be replaced due to cracks and wear. I ordered one on Ebay and they sent me the wrong one and have not gotten back to me yet on a replacement. Any other good sources for this older mower? No local mower yards in the greater Houston area. Usually they ask for the serial number and the tag is worn off completely so I can't give this info. It does still have a factory inspection dated 1983 so I assume the mfg date as such.

2 - The former owner must have put some black tape of some kind on the back engine cover and I have not been able to remove it. I tried goo-gone, other spray brand of adhesive remover, nail polish remover, paint thinner and industrial acetone and nothing has worked. Any other ideas? Not sure if it is fiberglass or some form of plastic, but it is very sturdy and in great shape besides this issue.

3 - The guy I purchased mower had taken off the deck and a box full of parts and I am also missing another part. There is a big metal "washer" between the spindle and the deck with 4 holes in it and I would like to try to find one. If I have to I can make one so low priority.

Note: The deck is in great condition with very little rust and hardly and dings. I know it is a timed deck and I hope will not be hard to time. I think the front blade is North south while the side blades are east west.

Thanks in advance!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very little information to go on. Dixon or Husqvarna? Real model number? I already did a search for Dixon and Husqvarna R-155 and found nothing.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK so now I know what it looks like. I wanted one for my house. Looks like a cool little tractor. But that does not get parts. I really need the model number off the sticker. It should be in the engine compartment.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Other way round.
The articulated Husqvarnas were always called Rider 155 not 155 Rider.
AFAIK they were all made in Europe at the Johnsored factory as they are a copy of their original articulated mower which dates from the 80's.
The parts listing list USA versions as a separate models from the others so their might be an imperial version, don't know all I have seen were metric.
They dumped stacks of them down here & I was told it was because of the instability and law suits from idiots flipping them when turning on side slopes.
The 155 comes as a 2 WD & a 4 WD .
Are you sure it is a 1983 model ?
The ones from that period were named by their deck size in mm and engine Hp eg;- rider 970-12.

One of the few mowers it is a real pleasure , almost a priviledge to work on.
Jacks Small Engines have a parts list for a Rider - 155 ( 2003) and it is the only year.
All of the ones I have worked on used the same spindle & toothed pulleys for the timed blades although there was a regular deck with standard blades.
The spindle is only available as a complete assembly, housing, case bearings & shaft for the timed deck but the plain deck has all the parts available separately.

Which kind of deck do you have ?
They are very unstable when turning on slopey ground and even on flat ground if you try to turn too fast.
They also will not cut long grass so I would call them a fine finishing mower and gives the absolute best cut form any rotary ride on I have ever seen.
I do hope you enjoy it.

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/husqvarna/ride-mower

They are listed in computer order so navigate way down the list to the numbers starting with R
Owners manuals and service manuals are available from here
http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/
But don't ask me which ones are yours as I downloaded all of them and then changed the file names to a more user friendly one