2011 LTX 1050 Kohler SV725 wont stay running

Gocards44

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this mower a few days ago and it ran fine at the sellers house. take it to my place and it ran for approx 1 lap, 5-10 mins, and it started surging. Ever since it cranks, starts if I run the throttle to choke, then just quits. No sputtering or anything just stops. It stays running if I continuously spray carb cleaner into the carb. I have replaced the plugs, as new gas, gas is getting right to the carb, etc. Any ideas I would greatly apreciate. :confused2::confused2:

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Fuel pump! Check your pump by pulling supply line off the carb and turn it over make sure the hose in pointed to the ground into a bottle or some other safe method. You should have pressure n volume . If not check fuel filter .

Gocards44

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fuel pours out of it. It ran 1st time today for 3 to 4 minutes. After that ran for a minute a piece then shuts down like you turn the key off or something

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Maybe someone can help . I'd check the fuel selinoid and check to make sure there wasn't any water in the gas from there I'd remove the bowl and check for trash. If it had rust or dirt in the bowl I'd pull the carb and clean it . from your original post I'd be looking for a fuel issue .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your tests have confirmed no fuel is getting into the engine.
First suspect is the fuel solenoid
Second suspect is water or debris that got all shook up when you moved the mower.
Start by removing the fuel bowl and try to catch the contents checking for water & / or dirt.
If the bowl is clean then try replacing the solenoid with a bowl bolt.
Mower runs fine then the solenoid or wiring to it is duff.
The solenoid should have a constant 12V whenever the ignition is turned on.
If yours has a rubber tip the tip can be replaced with a full carb overhaul kit.
They are not repairabel and not cheap so make sure it is duff before you go out & buy a new one.
DO NOT TRY TO UNDO IT BY TURNING THE SOLENOID BODY.
Use an old open ender which you will have to grind down to fit between the bowl & solenoid body.