Anyway to raise deck height? Honda HRB215sxa

flipr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had mower since new, like it a lot. Moved to Florida, and now rainy summer (and good fertilizing service) has me cutting lawn at least twice a week. If I don't get at it every couple days lawn gets too long, and it bogs down while cutting

I have wheels set at highest deck height possible, and am using 2-blade mulching set. (This model has the plastic deck.)

Is there any set of wheels that I can put on that may be a bigger diameter to raise-up the deck height? Self-propelled so worried about hurting transmission.

St Augustine grass lets the mower wheels sink into turf, I get an even cut, but would like to keep the grass taller.
Thanks for any suggestions.

flipr

Forum Newbie
Threads
bump, see if anyone can help thanks

deck~dragger

Threads
That Honda is a good mower, probably great in its time and St. Augustine grass is a dense, coarse grass. Just giving my opinion, new self propelled mowers have come a long way.
Higher h.p. engines that are more fuel efficient. Cons may be longevity though, depends on manufacturer and model.
The now standard deck wash on new models works great with fescue yards. Not sure if needed or not on your type of grass.
Keep deck height a priority if you decide to look. Research, read reviews, not just on manufacturer websites, check Epinions and others and take your time.

Sorry that I can not answer your question on wheels. If you do get a better suited mower, keep your Honda. Two mowers are better than one.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will have to just do some shopping to see if you can find something to fit your mower. Take a wheel and bolt that holds it on with you. Just remember for every inch of height in wheel you will see only 1/2 inch of mowimg heigh. So if you need an inch more of mowing height you would have to buy 4 wheels each 2 inches taller than what you already have.

flipr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestions. Budget doesn't allow new purchase of mower, so was trying to see if other options. For now, will keep mowing 2x a week.