Enclosed trailer floor coating

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello,

I've been looking around for floor coatings for my enclosed trailer. The most popular I've seen so far is the epoxy coating for garage floors or bed liner. Are these good? Could I use something else?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Excellent choice.
Check the UV rating as some interior floor epoxies have a low UV resistance.
Get a 1 or 2 lb bag of washed river sand and mix it into the base coat.
That way you get a nice non slip surface that cleans easily as well.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't think I need to worry about UV since it's for an enclosed trailer.

Do I simply mix the sand with the paint and then lay it down with a roller?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't think I need to worry about UV since it's for an enclosed trailer.

Do I simply mix the sand with the paint and then lay it down with a roller?
Yes and no. You have to remix the paint often to get uniform results.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok good to know! So even tho this epoxy is for garage floors, it will adhere well to wood?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert, as of now I do not have the paint. I am looking around to see what is the best product that I can use. I went on a website that sells the stuff, but doesn't state that it works on wood. On the other hand, I've heard mixed reviews about it on wood. Some users love it others didn't. I just want to do a good job and not start over after a year.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert, as of now I do not have the paint. I am looking around to see what is the best product that I can use. I went on a website that sells the stuff, but doesn't state that it works on wood. On the other hand, I've heard mixed reviews about it on wood. Some users love it others didn't. I just want to do a good job and not start over after a year.

What type of wood is there now? It should be a marine grade plywood, if so just leave it alone. If you paint the stuff you'll end up painting it every year. Those floor coatings wont last for extended periods of time. We used those specially formulated paints with sand and other abrasive materials on locker room floors and it was supposed to last for years and we ended up doing the floors every year. If your worried about the floor rotting go to Amazon.com or you can try Home Depot and buy a can of Copper-Tox and coat it once a year.

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would just use a Thompson's weather sealer. Or something like that.
Just use a 2 gallon sprayer to apply it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have found the most important place to put the coating/treatment is under the floor where the manufacture does nothing.