Drive belt replacement

Bluecrest8

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mowing along splendidly last weekend and the engine died. Towed it back to garage for more repairs. Seems to be a weekly chore in itself on my 4 year old LGT2554. Love the kohler but tractor has been a weekly break downer this year. Drive belt came off of the transaxle pulley. Special order item that took LOWES a week to get. while replacing belt I had to drop transaxle to get belt out of where it had wedged itself between pulley and transaxle. I noticed that the frame where transaxle mounts is ripped on both sides. Leaving transaxle at at a slight forward tilted position. Not good. Anyway I got it back together , started but now mower deck won't engage. While checking this problem out the engine died and won't do anything. I am really sick and tired of working on this lawn tractor.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The pto not engaging and the engine not starting may be related. Could be an issue with the pto switch. The ripped mounting brackets for the tranny is a good indication that the front support bracket isn't attached to the front of the tranny and the rocking motion tears the metal, but will also cause the belt to be flipped off. From your description it came off when you stopped reversing, am I correct.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And not trying to be nasty or judgemental but it really sounds like your maintenance has not been up to snuff.
Those cracks should have been noticed during a weekly / monthly ( depending upon operation hours ) belt check.
It is an easy trap to fall into buying a really good machine that needs so little maintenance all that gets done is greasing & oil changes.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Sounds like a similar problem I had.I broke a belt as it came apart it ripped wires off clutch. Leaving wires unshielded to ground out to the frame blowing 2 fuses. Check your wiring from your clutch then check your fuses. Your drive belt is above your clutch meaning wires for clutch in some machines run through your drive belt or real close to it . Any thing coming apart can catch wires ripping them apart.