briggs and stratton repair manual

blackchevy3de

Threads
Hi guys I have a old locke mower ,and im looking for a repair manual, its a 8hp , model 200451-0175. thank you

Tinkerer200

Threads
Must be an old one. Even my oldest manual does not list that. Have you tried a Google search?

Walt Conner

Doughboyea

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have nearly the same exact engine on my Locke. Model 200451-0176.

So far, I've found two manuals. You may've seen them previously from Briggs' website: Generic User and Engine Parts Manual

Have you come across anything in the year since you started this thread? My Locke isn't starting and I've gone through it, nearly a full tear down. Replaced magneto (now have spark, and it hurts), new spark plug, cleaned out the "fish bowl", removed head and cleaned valves, cylinder head and piston and am now cleaning out the carb needles. Hoping that's all it is. These engines are simplistic enough that there really isn't much to go wrong... can't wait to finally have this BEAST slicing away at my lawn!

Funny ha-ha, in the generic user manual, for using the rope starter, the following cautionary note is written:
"When using rope starter to crank engine, use caution so knotted end of rope does not strike persons standing nearby."
I wonder how that came to be? Was Briggs forced to place that there because of a frivolous lawsuit? Either way, made me chuckle.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have nearly the same exact engine on my Locke. Model 200451-0176.

So far, I've found two manuals. You may've seen them previously from Briggs' website: Generic User and Engine Parts Manual

Have you come across anything in the year since you started this thread? My Locke isn't starting and I've gone through it, nearly a full tear down. Replaced magneto (now have spark, and it hurts), new spark plug, cleaned out the "fish bowl", removed head and cleaned valves, cylinder head and piston and am now cleaning out the carb needles. Hoping that's all it is. These engines are simplistic enough that there really isn't much to go wrong... can't wait to finally have this BEAST slicing away at my lawn!

Funny ha-ha, in the generic user manual, for using the rope starter, the following cautionary note is written:
"When using rope starter to crank engine, use caution so knotted end of rope does not strike persons standing nearby."
I wonder how that came to be? Was Briggs forced to place that there because of a frivolous lawsuit? Either way, made me chuckle.

Some one who has read the manual before he comes here and asks how to fix it wow.

Get some new spark plugs and some starter fluid.
Give it a little shot down the plug hole and try to start.
Goes bang = the ignition & rings are OK
Move over and do the same down the carb
Goes bang = induction path is OK problem is in the idle circuit on the carb

Doughboyea

Forum Newbie
Threads
Some one who has read the manual before he comes here and asks how to fix it wow.

Whats with the sarcastic comment? Geez...

Thank you for the suggestions, I guess. Realize my post was to the OP; being a fellow Locke owner and all.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Whats with the sarcastic comment? Geez...

Thank you for the suggestions, I guess. Realize my post was to the OP; being a fellow Locke owner and all.

Sarcastic , not meant to be , humour gone wrong sorry.
Most post here before even opening the owners manual let alone reading one.

Doughboyea

Forum Newbie
Threads