2012 CC Z-force-S not zero turning right

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lucky guess.
I just remember looking at all of the open gears thinking what would happen if some gravel or sticks got in there.
Those fan gears really need a full enclosure not just a top cover to hide them.
Particularly as town here Gums are native and there is no such thing as a stick free lawn.
Now that you have washed it make sure you put a lot of chassis grease over everything ( dry lithium ).
I enjoyed driving it, lots of fun but when things start to wear under that plate, frightening.

philwarner

Threads
I made a slight adjustment to the right drag link, more to get the drop in the rod to be like the left one than to change the length. The wheels were pretty much in line and the 5/16 bolts fit through the alignment holes with the steering rack centered with a slight wiggling of the wheels. I did lube the fan/sector gears with dry lube and all the linkages with lithium grease so it is ready to go back together when I get the deck plate painted.

The only thing I don't like so far is the orientation of the 1/2 inch square hole in the blade belt idler plate intended to allow you to unload the spring and slack the blade belt; it is oriented so a 1/2 inch breaker bar will not clear the deck hangers from the front or the side to fit in the hole; you have to use a ratchet where the square can be turned at an angle to the handle. Otherwise I like the engineering and quality, and I bet It wouldn't have had the steering problem if it had a regular side discharge instead of the mulching kit that kicks up so much debris.

Thanks for the insight and the help. This is a great site.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad you got it sorted.
As for the 1/2 hole only about 10% of mowers have one at all so consider yourself lucky.
Most of the mowers you either have to use a long 0 offset ring on the pulley nut or a spring hook.
Both of which end up with skinned knuckles.

philwarner

Threads
Thanks for all the help. The CC is back together with a freshly painted deck and is ready to go both left and right again.

Attachments

• steering adjusted and deck painted 8-13-16 (2).jpg
    steering adjusted and deck painted 8-13-16 (2).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 7
  • steering adjusted and deck painted 8-13-16 (3).jpg
    steering adjusted and deck painted 8-13-16 (3).jpg
    117 KB · Views: 7

w2sgb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just received an invitation to join this forum a few days ago and saw this thread thinking it could come in handy some day for my Zforce S60 (178 hrs, bought new years ago). Well, that day was yesterday. Starting on my back 2 acres, the left front wheel spindle broke its weld to the yoke so I ordered what my local parts manager called the "castor bracket assembly" ($91) which should come in on Friday in time for some weekend wrench-swinging while following the excellent manual that you posted a year ago. It does not sound like an easy job for a field repair, but at least I have the manual to help guide my steps and the front acre is mowed. Counting my blessings. Thanks for posting all of the material!!