rer wont start

jeremy

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi i am new here i have a snapper rer not sure what year it is. i was cutting the yard the other day and i went in for about a hour came back out to finish the yard got on the mower turned the key it tried to turn over then nothing. now when i turn the key no sound at all. i tried to jump it off from the battery and no sound at all . then i turned the key on and jumped it from the starter and it started. does anyone know what the problem could be or any test i can do on it .thanks

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
hi i am new here i have a snapper rer not sure what year it is. i was cutting the yard the other day and i went in for about a hour came back out to finish the yard got on the mower turned the key it tried to turn over then nothing. now when i turn the key no sound at all. i tried to jump it off from the battery and no sound at all . then i turned the key on and jumped it from the starter and it started. does anyone know what the problem could be or any test i can do on it .thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corroded battery cables and battery posts is one possibility. Clean the oxidized led off until the lead is bright. Do the ground cable (negative cable) too where it connects to the mower frame whether it be lead or copper and sand the steel where it connects.