Parts advice

TMO84

Forum Newbie
Threads
Picked up a 2001 or 2002 Yard Machines 11A-509A352. It was free and needed some work, including the usual spark plug replacement, filter, rotted hoses, bad oil, pull cord tension, and carb. When I went to remove the carb I accidentally snapped a plastic portion at the top that connected it to the throttle. I'd like to purchase a new one but all of the websites say a carb for this engine go anywhere to $40-60 - however I'm not sure if I am looking in the right place. MTD does not have an official "page" or list of parts for the engine (6.0HP Briggs), just the mower assembly and engine cover. Where can I find a proper resource with parts for this particular engine? Thanks!IMG_5973.jpg

TMO84

Forum Newbie
Threads
Picked up a 2001 or 2002 Yard Machines 11A-509A352. It was free and needed some work, including the usual spark plug replacement, filter, rotted hoses, bad oil, pull cord tension, and carb. When I went to remove the carb I accidentally snapped a plastic portion at the top that connected it to the throttle. I'd like to purchase a new one but all of the websites say a carb for this engine go anywhere to $40-60 - however I'm not sure if I am looking in the right place. MTD does not have an official "page" or list of parts for the engine (6.0HP Briggs), just the mower assembly and engine cover. Where can I find a proper resource with parts for this particular engine? Thanks!View attachment 29394

Also, here is a picture of black plastic piece I broke (I believe its called the throttle linkage?) Can I just replace this plastic piece?

Thanks again.

IMG_5975.jpg

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Picked up a 2001 or 2002 Yard Machines 11A-509A352. It was free and needed some work, including the usual spark plug replacement, filter, rotted hoses, bad oil, pull cord tension, and carb. When I went to remove the carb I accidentally snapped a plastic portion at the top that connected it to the throttle. I'd like to purchase a new one but all of the websites say a carb for this engine go anywhere to $40-60 - however I'm not sure if I am looking in the right place. MTD does not have an official "page" or list of parts for the engine (6.0HP Briggs), just the mower assembly and engine cover. Where can I find a proper resource with parts for this particular engine? Thanks!View attachment 29394

What is the engine brand and number?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the carb to the oldest repair shop in your area. The part you need is the throttle shaft and I'll bet they have a dozen of those carbs laying around that they can rob one from.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I second what rivets said.
This is what I would do.