Stihl FS90R vacuum leak, Ugh

Robrote

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in a full on battle with my Stihl FS90R. It's running poorly so I decided to dig in and rebuild the carb, then I replaced the carb, did the plug and adjusted the valves. No carbon issues in the muffler.

So, while it was idling on the bench, I took some carb cleaner and sprayed around the carb mounting surface and it immediately stalled. I have pulled the carb and changed gaskets, changed carbs, no luck. Same issue. I also pulled the intake off and cleaned everything up. The gasket looked good and I didn't have a replacement for that.

What's my next step? gasket sealer on everything? Any help would be appreciated.

upupandaway

Threads
Go to auto parts stores, they sell cork gasket material. This will give u more spongy to fill the leak. double ply if u have a major problem.
When u cut the gasket, punch 1 screw hole and use a drill bit to line that up while u punch hole 2 etc. and don't forget the small hole below the main air passage(small drill bit will suffice). makes lining up a lot easier.
That is strange though unless parts warped major, it shouldn't leak. Being the carb screws to a plastic block, should be no warp... Just clean both mating surfaces and cork should fix your problem.